Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coping With Sundays Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Why Bother?, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Anyone else get the Sunday blues?

Right after the sun goes down, when Monday looms... and reality hits.

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Sundays remind me of overcast weather and leftovers. My least favorite day.

nl5011 and Why Bother? like this.
  3. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

I felt a case of the Sunday blues because I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning and an interview on Tuesday. So maybe more anxious than the blues, but definitely put me in a mood.

Why Bother? likes this.
  4. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

My dopamine supplies are normally exhausted by the end of the weekend so I feel this thread.

Why Bother? likes this.
  5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I hate Sundays so I try to treat myself on that day. I usually do a face mask and chill in the bath so I feel fancy and pampered. But I drove a lot today and just finished homework so I don't wanna do anything. I may put all that off to tomorrow.

Why Bother? likes this.
  6. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I had the Sunday blues at 11am when I tried to go to Denny's with my sister and there was a line out the door. But then we realized that's our fault.

You're all right, Sunday.

Why Bother? likes this.
  7. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I've been having a huge issue with sleeping on Sundays since daylight savings time began this year. Since I get more sleep on the weekends, I think it's throwing my circadian rhythms out of whack and when I try to go to bed on Sunday night I can't sleep a wink. Hence why it's 4:24 AM and I'm still wide awake (although this may have been assisted by having coffee this afternoon).

Why Bother? likes this.
  8. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

sunday blues are the worst. there are some weeks when it's better than others, but most weeks, I feel like I can't even enjoy the day cause I'm too focused on the fact that monday is the next day.

Why Bother? and Mokena like this.
  9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoy Sundays. Usually good sports on, usually more relaxing that Saturdays. I've never had a real issue with worrying that Monday is coming.

Why Bother? likes this.
  10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I love Sundays. It's usually the busiest day at my job (meaning more tips), then I go to my parent's and eat my dad's delicious cooking and play some guitar and sing with my mom. Usually a very good day.

Why Bother? likes this.
  11. In a way, it's even worse than Mondays. Definitely not in my Top 3 Days of the week.

My feelings exactly:-/ Only solution to that is waking up really early to try and make more of it but then you sacrifice sleep. Life is hard.

12. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

heard that. I try to keep my mind off of it!

13. jorbjorb

7 rings

I usually just relax on Sundays. Coffee/Netflix/Vid games. I don't mind them at all.

14. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I enjoy Sundays a lot more during the NFL season, and even though I don't love my job I don't dread it as much as I used to. What I end up doing on a lot of Sundays though is staying up way too late because I feel like it extends my time off. Weirdly I'm usually not that tired on Monday though, probably because I usually overload on sleep during the weekend at like 8-10 hours on both Friday and Saturday night.