Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland Band • Page 83

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Oct 11, 2014.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think Birds and Cages is their best record.

2. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

100%, perfect record to me.

coleslawed, anonimito and SpyKi like this.
  3. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I do love Deas Vail

anonimito and SpyKi like this.
  4. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Agreed - I love their EP as well

anonimito and SpyKi like this.
  5. Lucas27

Trusted

Their self-titled is their weakest for me but it’s still a solid indie rock record. They had a great run.

6. SpyKi

White Lights? I only found that last year so it was like I got a surprise new release, it's so good! They knew how to write a hook.

Lucas27 likes this.
  7. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

White Lights was the first thing I heard from them. So good. The self-titled had some gems but was overall pretty meh for me. Sad that they just dropped off.

8. SpyKi

Yeah I could probably make a great EP from the self-titled.

9. Lucas27

Trusted

The Right Mistakes is lovely, speaking of the band knowing how to write a hook.

10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I saw Deas Vail with Copeland once I believe. Forget which tour.

anonimito likes this.
  11. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

Deas vail! Their live show was great, their singer always killed it. Realllly good band, wish they had been able to do more.

chhholly123 and troyplaysbass like this.
  12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I always felt like As Tall As Lions were on a similar trajectory to Copeland in terms of how their sound blossomed out. Wish they stuck around bc their last record is like what I imagine as their “version” of YAMS or Ixora...

beachdude and Bartek T. like this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ATAL singer, Dan Nigro, is a superstar producer now, very successful

beachdude, TSLROCKS and Bartek T. like this.
  14. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I loved ATAL too

I saw them open up for mutemath years ago. That was a great show

contra11mundum likes this.
  15. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Same. The Armistice tour right? Talk about two bands that left us too soon.

16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well what I'd give for another ATAL record! Whatever they would choose to do, amazing musicians! and Birds and Cages was also my fav DV album! at least we're about to get some new songs from The Narrative, so maybe everyone is capable of some form of a comeback ;v

17. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Surprised no one mentioned This Day & Age. I never really got into their second album (The Bell & the Hammer) but their debut . . . Always Leave the Ground is still fantastic. Right in line with BMT / IM-era Copeland.

Give it a listen if you've never heard or it's been a while:

beachdude, coleslawed, OotyPa and 2 others like this.
  18. SpyKi

I love The Bell and the Hammer but never really spent any time with Always Leave the Ground.

beachdude and Lucas27 like this.
  19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Like them. Also dig Daphne Loves Derby. That era was fire as hell.

20. brothemighty

Trusted

I don't know why Kenny Choi hates streaming platforms tho

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

look at the record label, not the artist

22. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

you know what - same here! I mean ALTG was good, but I've listened to TB&TH hundreds times in my life.

Simillar to As Tall Lions with actually their newer records more preferably, Days Away, The Dear & The Headlights and The Working Title's "About-Face". I'd have all of that on one list.

23. Same experience with ATAL (love self-titled and YCTIWY but never really went back to Lafcadio) and Dear and the Headlights (probably only listened to DLBT once or twice).

The Working Title's Bone Island is one of my favorite albums of all time. Absolutely nothing like About-Face but it was just a perfect "right place, right time" album for me. Really adore that record.

beachdude, Bartek T. and anonimito like this.
  24. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

can’t comment on most of the bands discussed the last couple pages but DATH is one of my favorite bands and DLBT is a great record through and through, even if I might give SSHH the edge since it has more emotional resonance with me. the overall musicianship on DLBT is on another level to SSHH for me.

25. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I love "Drunk Like Bible Times" and "Bone Island"! But the previous ones were my "right place, right time" albums, same as "The Bell and The Hammer" and "Eat, Sleep, Repeat" - I had all of them on my first real-deal-mp3player (the first one I got could contain like 12 songs at most, so when I got one with 1Gb capacity in 2006 I was taken aback hahh), always had trouble sparing some space for new tunes, cause I couldn't get rid of some of those albums for years and years!