Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland Band • Page 80

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Oct 11, 2014.

1. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Looks like it’s already mixed!

anonimito likes this.
  2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

O damn

anonimito likes this.
  3. Gonna take the opportunity to plug the Jenny Dee record that Aaron produced this year. Came out in March but you know it’s that fall music. Aaron makes a few vocal appearances and the production feels pretty Ixora-era in places

4. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

What an album. Instant mood-booster (even though "happy" is not a word I'd use to describe it). :heart:

contra11mundum and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. contra11mundum

Man the more I think about this project the more excited I get. Love everything Aaron touches.

awakeohsleeper and anonimito like this.
  6. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Never heard of them before, but really digging this!

7. I LOVE that Jenny Dee record but the intro to In The Morning always drove me insane because it sounds similar to the intro to Youth by Daughter lmao

anonimito and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

I think it might be out 11/6. If so, that's so soon and I'm so excited.

contra11mundum and Bartek T. like this.
  9. contra11mundum

Nice! Where did you hear this?

anonimito likes this.
  10. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

It's a guess from reading the clocks here (11/6 is also a Friday, so that makes me a bit more confident about this, though it could just be a for a single or an official announcement, too):
    clocks.JPG

11. contra11mundum

Aaron confirmed on Instagram that the first single comes out Nov 6. It’s called When You’re Smiling My Way

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Very excited

13. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

love it so much.

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Absolutely gorgeous. I can’t get enough of Aaron.

anonimito and Bartek T. like this.
  16. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

I'm so happy that Aaron is so happy

17. Dog Fish

Mutt

Am I understanding correctly: all the songs on this upcoming album come from the best of the best instrumentals that he put up on some music licensing site, and then he put vocals to them? I'm so confused by the different things I've read.

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

There was also plenty of songs with vocals on that page, some of them were short songs, but a few fully fleshed out tunes as well. I've listened to them all only once and now I'm waiting for the release to have it sequenced etc.

19. Dog Fish

Mutt

So the collection of songs being released was not ever intended to be an album, right?

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

As for the intention I have no idea, but I'm sure it will all make sense, it sounds good!

21. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Yeah I don’t think we have any information about the intentions behind this project, but having spent a lot of time with the songs lately, my guess is that he has been pumping out tons of material over the past year or so, in a kind of “anything goes” mindset, and then he crafted two EPs out of what he thought was the best of the bunch? I mean, that’s kind of how writing an album goes, right? Just this time we also have access (via Soundstripe) to all the material that didn’t make the cut.

Bartek T., anonimito and coleslawed like this.
  22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

glaswing song is pretty

anonimito likes this.
  23. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

sean_rugy, Philll and Bartek T. like this.
  24. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

Looks like the video is out 12/14. B-)

25. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

I love this. The avocado (I think? It's some kind of fruit.) "pillow," the Lulls sweatshirt, all of it!

coleslawed and Bartek T. like this.