Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Oct 11, 2014.

1. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Only would swap BMT and IM

I like BMT way more. IM is a cool record but lacks that punch for me. I still enjoy it but pretty easily my least favorite

2. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. That song is painful. I'm pretty sure Aaron hates that song lol

3. Lucas27

Trusted

The exactness of this list to mine is bizarre. Literally these five songs with I Can Make You Feel Young Again and Should You Return battling as my favorite Copeland songs ever. And I thought I was the only one who took much notice of Good Morning Fire Eater being a top-notch Copeland track.

FTank likes this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

World Turn, Lavender, and Like I Want You from Ixora, Not Allowed and What Do I Know? from YAMS. Also not that big on Not So Tough Found Out. When it comes to the first three records, only song I can do without is Kite.

When You Thought You'd Never Stand Out is their best closing track. :heart: :heart: :heart:

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, that's awesome haha. :thumbup: for good taste.

Lucas27 likes this.
  6. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

I'm sure he does, I know he doesn't even really like BMT as a whole haha, which is a bummer. But it's still my favorite.

7. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I'm pretty sure Aaron has said his least favorite Copeland song is Brightest.

One of their most beloved songs. Ha

8. Lucas27

Trusted

I actually love this song. Actually, now that I think of it, it's probably my 2nd favorite on Ixora right after I Can Make You Feel Young Again and just above Erase and Ordinary. If it's not the best track on Ixora, it's definitely the "showstopper" to me (if that even makes sense).

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

"California" mate. Easily top three for me. Used to be my favourite until "Erase" showed up.

10. SpyKi

no, he likes "Brightest". He said "Walking Downtown" which is the right answer.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Lucas27

Trusted

It's interesting. Copeland's closing tracks are all great, but my favorites don't parallel my favorite Copeland records as a whole. BTMT is my least favorite Copeland album but this is probably still my favorite Copeland closer. Meanwhile, Not So Tough Found Out is probably my least favorite and YAMS was my favorite Copeland album up until Ixora.

12. SpyKi

"World Turn" is incredible. Probably my second favourite on Ixora. "Not Allowed" is up there for me on YAMS too.

Plus "Kite" rules.

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

World Turn is great, but gets overshadowed by the other killer tracks on Ixora. Lavender is easily my least favorite on the record, in fact I skip it just about every time.

14. Lucas27

Trusted

"Kite" is beautiful. Probably my favorite off of In Motion. "Not Allowed" isn't my favorite on YAMS but, randomly enough, it's an absolute blast to sing.

15. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Nah dude know he has said he doesn't like WD but I am also pretty positive he said somewhere he doesn't like Brightest because of the time in his life it represented or something like that.

16. Deathco_019

Drummer

World Turn has always been among my favorites from the Ixora alongside Erase and In Her Arms You Will Never Starve. Honestly, that one-two punch of World Turn and In Her Arms fucking devastates me.

17. SpyKi

Ah weird. I must be mistaken.

18. Lucas27

Trusted

And just like that, our freakish similarities come to an end. *shakes head*

Totally agree about "Lavender". I think most people agree it's the weakest on Ixora, but it's the weakest on Ixora in the same way "There's No Mathematics" seems to be widely considered the weakest on Anberlin's Cities.

Edit: The moral being, the weakest song on an incredibly strong album can only be so weak.

19. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Ha fair enough. And I love Kite on IM. Probably my favorite track on there.

I wasn't big on Wold Turn until that twin version came out. I love that twin version with the female vocals

20. SpyKi

I think "Like a Lie" is probably my least favourite on Ixora which is funny because I remember being so hyped when the clip of the music was first posted on Instagram.

21. SpyKi

I wouldn't call either of those the worst on those albums, ha.

22. Lucas27

Trusted

Hahaha. Darn it. Analogy fail.

23. SpyKi

I kind of get how the songs are similar on their respective albums though.

24. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Ah man, even the bridge when that beat drops out and he sings the "as time is drifting by..." part? I love that and the ending, and just got used to that big crazy beat.

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I owned all of the Copeland albums (I got a discount on all their earlier ones) but never really got into them... until Ixora. Incredible album. I've listened to it a lot more than everything that came before it. Although it did encourage me to revisit some of those albums. It's just a wonderful, wonderful album from start to finish.

In terms of weakest tracks... I'd have to agree that Lavender is my least favourite.