Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Oct 11, 2014.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I've come to think that Ixora is head and shoulders above the rest of their work. Their other albums have some great standalone songs, but IMO none really achieve the flow that that one does so well.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I still like Eat, Sleep Repeat slightly more but that's mainly because of how many stand out songs it has and because the vibe just works for me in a very special way. I think Ixora is absolutely their most consistently wonderful.

I think every album from In Motion onwards is fantastic though and I love them all a great deal. Even BMT is pretty great.

contra11mundum likes this.
  3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I really enjoy all their songs, but the flow on Ixora alone pushes it to the top for me. Closest album to it flow wise I think is Eat, Sleep, Repeat, and even that it doesn't come close to the bar Ixora set.

FTank likes this.
  4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd say the closest is You Are My Sunshine, but I also don't think that album comes close either.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Eat, Sleep, Repeat is way better than Ixora, which is still phenomenal.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I wouldn't really call any of these albums "way better" than any other, I think they're all pretty close, at least for me. I'd say their last four are all in that 8.5-9.5 range.

7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I pretty much see them Ixora as an 11 and the 2 before it as 8.5-9.5.

8. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

"When Paula Sparks" was always my favorite Copeland song. But now they have "Erase" and I can't decide.

chhholly123 and coleslawed like this.
  9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Mine's between. I Can Make You Feel Young Again, Erase, Ordinary, and Should You Return is up there too. Oh also Good Morning Fire Eater

10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I'd consider ESR and YAMS to be in my top albums of all time.

Ixora is way better.

That's how much I adore Ixora. Ha

11. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. Ixora was just in another stratosphere for me. Unbelievable album. Especially since I thought they were done releasing albums

12. contra11mundum

Yes. And I honestly don't know if I had ever been more hyped for an album. Yet they somehow surpassed my expectations.

I mean my god.

13. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Favorite songs are always hard for me. I still don't get When Paula Sparks. That songs just doesn't seem to click with me. When Finally Set Free though always melts my heart. That song is amazing

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Beneath Medicine Tree is one of those albums that's more than the sum of its parts. I think it's a great album, but I can't pick any standout tracks.

15. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Seriously. Never thought it'd be head and shoulders above YAMS. YAMS gave me the same feeling though. I was blown away by that album when I got it

16. contra11mundum

That's the thing. While I was excited for Ixora, I just kept say it to myself (and others) how can they possibly top YAMS?

Now I'm saying the same thing about Ixora ha

17. austindavispdx

I can't pick out any standouts cause I think the whole thing is incredible. One of my favorite albums ever. The only song that's slightly lesser to me is "Walking Downtown." Just kinda whatever.

18. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Clearly in the minority here, but YAMS and Ixora have some of my least favorite Copeland songs (despite also having some monstrously high highs). The lowest I'd rank any of their albums is an 8, so it's not like I don't love those albums. I just don't get the amount of love they get compared to the other three which i find superior.

Pepetito likes this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, it's one of their weaker songs.

20. contra11mundum

Walking Downtown is the only Copeland song I simply don't like. Ha

Benjamin Lee and austindavispdx like this.
  21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Eat Sleep Repeat is a pretty easy last for me in terms of number of songs I don't love and as a whole.

22. austindavispdx

I know people debate closing tracks but it really doesn't get much better than "When Finally Set Free"

Lucas27 and coleslawed like this.
  23. contra11mundum

I sincerely just think each Copeland record is better than the last.

Lucas27 likes this.
  24. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Ha like what?

25. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

100% agreed

One of my all time favorites. Surprised it doesn't get more love.

austindavispdx likes this.