Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Sophos

Regular

hey as long as its coming

2. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

31 second mark in, "Love Is a Fast Song." I can put that on repeat forever.

3. Iago Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2016)
    Iago

forbidden chalice.

If it wasn't for Ixora, I don't think I'd appreciate albums like Butch's Afraid of Ghosts, Foxing's Dealer or maybe even PBBT's Keep You. It taught me that slow, non straightforward punk songs are good. The dynamic instrumentation introduced me to music depth. I fell in love with it instantly and I listened to it an unhealthy amount when it came out. A loooot more than other records before it.

4. Tyler

Regular Supporter

I'm ready to add to my collection.

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

"the grey man" is my fave track of theirs.

6. xenoabe

Regular

When is their older stuff gonna get added to Spotify?

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Happy two year anniversary from the best April fools nonjoke ever

8. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

"On the Safest Ledge" gets me every time. Same with "When You Thought You'd Never Stand Out".

I adore YAMS and In Motion, but everything they've done is 5/7 would recommend.

I'm dying for some new music, though. I can't have enough Copeland in my life.

jordalsh likes this.
  9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

When You Thought is my favorite Copeland song. What an amazing piece of work.

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

This is fantastic news. Just good knowing there's more music planned eventually, Ixora was excellent.

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

discovered these guys with ESR, then went backwards and loved each older album more, so I was still in love with BMT when YAMS came out, and it never stuck.
    Ixora, though, is definitely my favorite of theirs, and made me revisit Sunshine, which I appreciate much more, now.

12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Song that got me into copeland. Anyone heard the original version?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. Tyler

Regular Supporter

No. Was it ever properly released?

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I don't think so

15. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I'm revisiting You Are My Sunshine after not doing so in about a year, since I always immediately gravitate towards Ixora. Still sounds fresh!

On a related note, I was looking through the Tumblr tags for both "#You Are My Sunshine" and "#Copeland" so I could liveblog about the album, as I tend to do so whenever I listen to something, and the former tag was filled with unrelated crushes from bloggers and the latter was filled with Kellin Quinn's daughter. Couldn't catch a break to find something, so I just searched "#Ixora" just to express that I had the band in my thoughts in some manner.

lish likes this.
  16. OotyPa

fall away

Just listened to Ixora for the first time since seeing them live a few months back. My god, what a fucking album. Especially hits much harder after a breakup-- even if the whole thing is about learning to find love through apathy/depression in a relationship.

Disjointed, I Can Make You Feel Young Again, and Erase are perfect next to each other ughhhh

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed, just an amazing stretch

18. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Copeland is one of those bands for me that is greater than the sum of its parts.

I could never include one of their albums as one of my all-time favorites, or even specific songs. but as a whole, the band and what they created, is definitely above what most of my favorites were able to accomplish and create.

Lucas27 likes this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This is an extremely interesting concept to me and now you have me thinking about what bands might occupy that sort of role for me haha

20. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Any time I think about ranking favorite albums or even thinking about Copeland albums, they're all terribly equal. Some have different moods or tones, but the quality and sentiment never diminishes. I could never pull one of their albums or songs away from each other to compare across bands or albums.

21. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Woah! Did not know they were planning on anything (at least not so soon!)

22. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

So I promised someone a copy of the twin on vinyl since I got 2 but I got lazy in terms of getting it to the post office and sent out and the guys information was in a PM on AbsolutePunk (which is obviously gone now)

I'm ready to stop being lazy so if someone wants a copy of the twin on vinyl shoot me a PM and I'll send it out as soon as I can

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. It was me!

How hilariously coincidental is it that today of all days I happen to read through this thread and you also happened to make this post just a couple of hours ago, haha

24. Lucas27

Trusted

You know what's funny? I know exactly what you're talking about. I felt that way when they broke up and it seriously bummed me out. ESR and YAMS came dangerously close to becoming two of my favorites but they just weren't quite there.

That said, Ixora changed that for me. I can honestly say it's one of my all-time favorites now. It's the magnum opus Copeland has always deserved and I couldn't be prouder that it exists. Here's to another!

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Man, I wish Ixora vinyl was cheaper. I bought the first pressing before owning a record player, and months later found out it was scratched all across the b-side. haha I can't justify spending $70 to own one record though (since it was $35 for bad copy, and would be another $35 for hopefully good copy). I would put Ixora in my top 10 records ever made though. The only album by the band I don't love is In Motion.