Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland Release New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Been listening all morning. A slightly different vibe than Ixora, but still incredible.

anonimito and CMilliken like this.
  3. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Holy moly this is so good.

anonimito likes this.
  4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

this is a very, very good record.

anonimito likes this.
  5. Tyler Mills

Bread makes you fat?! Supporter

(very) early AOTY contender

6. CMilliken

Trusted

Really fantastic album.

anonimito likes this.
  7. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

Poo yeah.~

8. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Saw them post about the release late last night as I was getting in bed. Told myself I'd only listen to 1 or 2 songs that weren't previously released yet. Listened to the entire thing, of course. Love Copeland so dang much, love this album.

I do need to listen again ASAP, but seriously, wow. I found myself smiling reflexively at numerous points, usually in response to a lyric, but occasionally a weird percussion sound or vocal effect. Such a logical direction for the band, but completely new and refreshing.

It's raining cats and dogs in LA today. This Copeland album is the perfect soundtrack.

9. Joel Gustafson

A glass can only spill what it contains

[​IMG]

10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I will be absolutely shocked if this isn’t my aoty.

Mrplum5089 and anonimito like this.
  11. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Con: Stuck at home sick with whatever germs my son brought back from daycare.
    Pro: Listening to Blushing from a hot eucalyptus bubble bath while it rains outside.

I’ll take it.

12. stringerebrock

Really, Really, Reallly good album. Absolutely loving this.

anonimito likes this.
  13. Stevie

Regular

Can’t deal. It’s too good. Is that a thing? Is it possible? I think it’s the closest an album can get to too good... maybe I’m exaggerating. It’s very good though :)

anonimito likes this.
  14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

[​IMG]

anonimito likes this.
  15. Ska Senanake

Trusted

This album is sexy as hell. Releasing it on Valentine's Day means some babies are definitely going to be made tonight.

jasonmerch and anonimito like this.
  16. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

For real. This album is like if Radiohead and Bon Iver made a baby with the help of Sting's Love Tonic, which then got absorbed into the babies DNA. Copeland's Blushing is that baby. 10/10 highly recommend.

17. Ska Senanake

Trusted

You are dead on! I can't stop listening to this album. It really lived up to the hype. I really hope it gets some recognition from the mainstream because these guys made a masterpiece (again).

anonimito and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  18. Histrionics

It's beautiful

Ska Senanake and anonimito like this.