Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland Now/Then Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by estacey99, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That's honestly the perfect set. I didn't expect them to play for that long, and I am so much more excited now. Very tempted to grab VIP.

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Damn, only 4 Ixora songs and no "In her arms you will never starve"

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i still don't know why anyone was expecting any significant amount of ixora songs on this tour

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah why would you fucking idiots expect them to play any songs off their most recent record?

teebs41 likes this.
  5. cwhit

this tour is literally a celebration of their whole catalog lol, and promoted as such. this was not an ixora tour.

GrantCloud and Joe4th like this.
  6. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Honestly, despite the immense dread I'm feeling today, that setlist made me smile. Can't wait.

7. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I am very very happy with the setlist. Cannot wait for my date. Curious what they bust out for their VIP acoustic set before the show considering their setlist.

I'm gonna push for When Finally Set Free but there's zero percent chance he plays that lol

8. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

That setlist looks great. Wish I could make that 11/20 date.

California to close out the show. Wow. Incredible.

9. zacooper

Regular

They sounded amazing last night! Anyone who can make it to this tour I highly recommend doing so. Rae goes on and played 3 songs on her own first and then Copeland came out. If you're interested in the setlist from the Los Angeles 11/17 show I posted it up here: Copeland Setlist at Troubadour, West Hollywood

10. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Cannot wait for this. Still so surprised with only 4 songs from Ixora. No Disjointed is a crime. And In Her Arms You Will Never Starve. And Chiromancer

11. zacooper

Regular

Aaron kept making comments last night like "If you guys are ok with it we're going to play a couple of newer songs, then we'll get the old stuff. We know what you guys like". So it seems like they purposefully are skewing less on newer stuff. My buddy who was with me saw them on their last tour and said it was very heavy Ixora so he was kind of glad they kept it lighter on it this time.

12. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

You still have either set of tickets?

13. cwhit

That's exactly what I said, hahah. This site is a huge minority

Joe4th likes this.
  14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

15. zacooper

Regular

Wasn't disagreeing with you. Though for my first time seeing them, I was definitely more excited to see the old stuff than new. But seeing the new stuff live gave me a better appreciation for it and now I want to actually sit down and listen to Ixora a little better to see if I get more into it this time around.

16. cwhit

oh i know, people in both the threads were though

17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Genuinely don't understand how a Copeland fan can dislike Ixora.

Mrplum5089 and exanctile like this.
  18. cwhit

it's less that they actively dislike it rather than they just only listened to the first few records ten years ago and didn't keep up with the band

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  19. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

I second the hell out of this

20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

For people who have been to shows: what is Copeland's merch like? And, does Rae have merch?

21. ineverlose

Just a quick report from Copeland's show on December 8th in Philadelphia. Show was incredible...setlist was amazing. Someone else posted it here: Copeland Setlist at The Foundry at The Fillmore, Philadelphia. So many songs that I never thought I'd get the chance to see live.

Rae Cassidy opened with 3 songs of her own, which were pretty damn impressive, and they then went right into "Not So Tough Found Out" - great transition to Copeland's set, and started the night off perfectly. Aaron sounds right on with his vocals, as always.

Even better, I got the chance to attend the VIP part of the show, and it was just an awesome experience. About 30-45 minutes of acoustic requests and Q&A - and it was just an awesome experience hearing Aaron sing in such an intimate and private setting. While I normally dislike taking video during these kinds of shows, I couldn't resist a short clip...which was unfortunately even shorter when I ran out of storage on my phone. Either way - I'm posting it here to share.

Their merch is actually pretty cool - one T-shirt for each album. I didn't end up buying any, but they were pretty well done. They were also selling some vinyl...Rae Cassidy didn't have any merch that I saw.

Overall, there's only a few shows left...but if you're able to make it to this tour, do yourself a favor and get to a show.

coleslawed and Benjamin Lee like this.
  22. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  23. cwhit

24. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Not sure if they did or not, since Charlotte is the next to last show of the tour. Aaron also played it on guitar instead of piano by himself so it may have just been a nod to the fans for the tough night the band hand with the venue's PA system:

That's the best thing about this band. I've seen them live 12 times now, and they always do something I haven't seen yet.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted