Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland - Blushing (February 14, 2019) Album • Page 65

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Dec 5, 2018.

1. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

It pains me to say that this never clicked with me. When I go back to listen only one or two songs really stick.
    I'm so disappointed. In myself, not the band. haha

2. NitrateDawn

Regular

Seems like there's a few more dissenters than I thought. When the album first came out it was nothing but unanimous praise and I thought I was going crazy haha
    Imgur Image

Edit: For the record I'm very sad that I can't get into the album, and possibly upset at myself?

3. NitrateDawn

Regular

Ha, didn't see this when I wrote something similar but it's so true

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I still think this album is a masterpiece and revisit it frequently

anonimito likes this.
  5. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I'm with both of y'all on this one. It's a masterpiece and definitely more of a fall/winter album. The only time I've been able to listen to it this summer was on rainy days.

anonimito likes this.
  6. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I'm with you - I don't think it's bad or anything but it just doesn't move me the way the older stuff did. Not exactly sure why I don't connect with it as much as I'd like to.

NitrateDawn likes this.
  7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

My only issue is that there's a few moments on here that don't really work for me. There's hardly anything like that for me on their last four.

Songs like Pope, Night Figures and On Your Worst Day are just incredible though. I love that this band continues to take their sound in new directions while still sounding distinctly Copeland.

8. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

"On Your Worst Day" is like one of the best songs I've ever heard

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think there are moments where the timing or melodies or instrumentation are a bit awkward, but the production and dreamy feel is astounding.

On your worst day is my song of the year and it’s not close and nothing will beat it.

coleslawed and Bartek T. like this.
  10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

The production on this album holds up to just about any album I can think of.

mrgenious, teebs41 and anonimito like this.
  11. Philll

Trusted

There's a small number of songs on here that never totally clicked, but the highlights are so good and impacted me so profoundly that I can't imagine hearing an album I like more this year.

Hell, just the first 10 seconds or so of Pope is enough to put this as my AOTY. Divine.

SpyKi likes this.
  12. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I think that the risk taken with some production bits here are just really worth it, it sounds really fresh and hits close.

anonimito likes this.
  13. I agreed with all of you until the last month. Only songs I dont absolutely love are so above & waltz.

14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

ohh these two have amazing moments! Love them absolutely, especially just where they are on the tracklist ;d ;d

anonimito likes this.
  15. don't get me wrong, I enjoy them, but they haven't hit me the same way as the rest of the songs. that's just to show how great the other ones are

16. waltz is pefect

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I adore this album but I prefer ixora. I still can't get into their other albums. I'm sorry, I'm weird.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

As weird as that other guy in the mewithoutYou thread.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

You are

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

No worries, those are just different opinions ;d ;d I like almost everything they do, so I'm quite biased ;d

anonimito likes this.
  21. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

just a reminder: it's Copeland season.

22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

You’re not wrong

Iago and anonimito like this.
  23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

counterpoint: It's always Copeland season

24. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

See, it's hard for me to want to put on either of the last two albums when it's over 100 degrees, which it has been for the majority of the year here.

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

counter counter point, it's like a million degrees out today and California is burning again

Joe4th likes this.