Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland - Blushing (February 14, 2019) Album • Page 63

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Dec 5, 2018.

1. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

W.h.a.t.

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Excited for tonight

anonimito likes this.
  3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Haven't been to tla in 10 years, where's parking gööd?

teebs41 likes this.
  4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Man, i coulda saw them in Chicago the other night but I was so friggin sick with a sinus infection or something, just horrible timing.

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow that was amazing!! Great show!!

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Wow their drummer was sick

7. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

well that was amazing last night

beachdude, anonimito and teebs41 like this.
  8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

You have my attention is really great live. Never pay it much mind on the record but it came off really well

cyclones_37 likes this.
  9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I did miss some of Bucklew's fills on the older songs, but dude killed it on the new stuff.

anonimito and teebs41 like this.
  10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Spent some time with this album again yesterday and it's just gorgeous, isn't it? What an achievement.

11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I find this to be a real mood record for me. I can't really listen to it during the daytime. Not a bad thing at all, though it makes me wonder what happy Copeland would sound like with Blushing's atmosphere and experimentation.

Anyway, people were comparing this album to Rhye a lot when this album first dropped. Rhye actually put out a new EP today titled Spirit, and I think y'all should give it a listen! Their last album Blood is also really gorgeous.

12. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I'd quite mech second those Rhye comparisons, that new EP is nice!

Also, listen to Jenny Dee's new song "Leave A Light On" - I'm not sure if I actually hear Aaron Marsh over there, not sure if he produced the track, but it sounds like his work and his voice in the back, too. If not, than it's still a cool song.

Same for "Faster Now" by Zealyn - she put out a new EP, and that one track is confirmed to be from the previous session with Aaron, it sounds great!

anonimito and OotyPa like this.
  13. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Back on this record, what a gem

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I will carry this record forever

16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Excited to revisit this for my mid year list. I have been listening to it a lot less since it got warm, but I still love it so much.

anonimito and teebs41 like this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

as above so alone song of the year

18. socklord

Trusted

They saaaaaaaaay
    That love is for the young
    Well I’m getting older

disambigujason, teebs41 and anonimito like this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

So many songs of the year on this album to be honest.

teebs41, coleslawed, sophos34 and 4 others like this.
  20. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Weird question, but did Aaron get divorced? Just saw his insta story and the woman in his photo isn’t his wife Nikki (who I’ve met a couple times at Copeland shows). Might be his sister?

21. teebs41 Jul 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 4, 2019)
    teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea could be a sister, don’t really feel comfortable speculating tho.

22. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

A divorce would certainly explain a lot of this album’s lyrics, but would be a real bummer.

23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

This is a very cold mood record, but it hits on summer late nights too

24. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Just read an interview with Aaron from last year, and when asked why he stays in Lakeland, he says because it’s where his kids, parents, brother, and sister live. Pretty sure he’s now divorced.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  25. Dog with a Blog

Lmao. So back in like junior year of high school my buddy and I made a dumb music video to Good Morning Fire Eater and then when Ixora came out we felt it only right to make another one for Ordinary. We want to do another for a track off Blushing but we don’t live near each other anymore. Anyway, my sister has been chatting with Aaron Sprinkle and somehow these came up and he thinks they’re hilarious and is gonna send em to Aaron Marsh :crylaugh: