Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland - Blushing (February 14, 2019) Album • Page 61

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Gooddayz

always and forever

Nah they played nothing off that album. Only AS, EFBN and two new songs. Would have been cool to see them open with I Have No Answers

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. sooner518

Regular

saw them in Denver last night and they were great. AND they had Ixora on vinyl. so I spent $60 on vinyl last night. no regerts

coleslawed, Saephon, teebs41 and 2 others like this.
  3. Saephon

Regular

I fear I'll be disappointed by the answer, but does anyone know if Aaron uses any sort of vocal effects on this tour? Blushing uses them to such perfection on the record, it's a shame if they don't try to translate that live.

4. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Saw them last night. Gah, they're so good live. They used pre-recorded backing tracks for a few songs, for string arrangements and some of the weird and spoken word vocals, but they kick songs into gear in just the right way.

Saephon, anonimito and Arry like this.
  5. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

jealous! i had to forfeit my tickets because my gf was sick :(

6. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I can’t stop listening to “Suddenly”

7. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Friendly reminder that Copeland resurfaced into our lives 5 years ago today.

Best April fools jokes that ended up not being a joke ever.

Saephon, Lucas27, coleslawed and 9 others like this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes! 2 incredible records too

contra11mundum and anonimito like this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

Seeing them on Wednesday. Stoked.

contra11mundum, Joe4th and teebs41 like this.
  10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

As the dust settles I think As Above is emerging as my favorite here.

Still listen almost daily btw

anonimito likes this.
  11. InExile

Regular

Lay Here THRU Night Figures is just an amazing stretch. Strange Flower is also one of my favs. I love the clackers (or whatever instrument that is).

Also saw them in Portland last week, really enjoyed their show!

jorbjorb and anonimito like this.
  12. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Anybody go to the VIP acoustic set on this tour? What songs were requested/played?

anonimito and teebs41 like this.
  13. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I’m at the show now. Man, people are pretty confused by Many Rooms. Including me lol

Didn’t do the VIP, kinda wish I did

teebs41 likes this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

she’s not, like, a super lively opening act, but it’s not as if these guys or FIL really open up the pit, either. I’m jazzed for this whole bill.

Fixed Glitch likes this.
  15. InExile

Regular

The show I was at it was just the lead singer, I think she mentioned the other members were sick? Either way, didn’t really care for it tbh.

16. Dog with a Blog

My sister was at the show tonight and apparently Stephen got hella sick and needed an emergency surgery so he wasn’t there.

17. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Hernia according to Aaron

They played a few variations compared to the set they planned

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Woke up with On Your Worst Day reverberating around my head. It felt a bit surreal actually.

19. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Many Rooms is apparently opening up for the As Cities Burn tour? That doesn't seem like it fits...

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  20. InExile

Regular

Would you be my love until I can prove that this world is not real?

By far my fav lyric on the album.

21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I have a laundry list of favorite lyrics from this album but the past few days it’s been “yours is the only sky i see.”

22. Dog with a Blog

They killed it last night, despite not having Stephen. Aaron said they had to swap out some songs because of this. Not sure exactly what was swapped out but Aaron played a stripped down version of Love Affair and No One Really Wins so I assume it was those

23. Lucas27

Trusted

I don't feel this way at all. I think it's a pretty perfect fit. It's kind of like Julien Baker opening up for hardcore acts like Touche Amore at one point. I think everything in the indie rock/emo scene works together, no matter how hard or how soft. I think that's why I love it so much.

Edit: I think I said "I think" too much in this comment.

24. I am down for Many Rooms having awkward reactions for support sets because of that obnoxious loyalty-over-accountability tweet

Maybevictor and Joe4th like this.
  25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

She is great live. It was cool because her set was nicely divided between solo material and versions of songs with the full band. It sounds great and I hope she records an album with them.

Everyone loved her at my date.

beachdude and anonimito like this.