Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland - Blushing (February 14, 2019) Album • Page 44

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

YAMS is the first Copeland album I bought and as of late I’ve gone back to it the least (quite by accident). Listened through it last night and it really is so special. I think Should You Return is the band’s best song.

2. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Yeah. Ran into the exact same thing and was really weirded out. About 99% of my records are cut at 33.

anonimito, chhholly123 and teebs41 like this.
  3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

45>>>>>

4. brothemighty

Trusted

Based on the amount of time the words show up in the lyrics, this album could also have been called "Crazy Lips"

Lucas27, anonimito, sophos34 and 4 others like this.
  5. Gooddayz

always and forever

First time I heard this I thought it was front heavy, on second listen I thought it was back heavy. On third listen the middle stood out.. Gosh what a journey. Whole record is wonderful

Kevin360, beachdude and anonimito like this.
  6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This damn album

7. brothemighty

Trusted

The beginning of Strange Flower reminds me of Twin a lot, actually a lot of the album does

I'm glad "Crazy Lips" Marsh took things in Twin's direction. Looking back, the dual album kinda feels like them crossing over into their new sound

Saephon, beachdude, TheoW593 and 2 others like this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this album has so many weird experimental bits all over it. like extremely bold production and writing choices for a band like Copeland to be making. I guess that’s why they’re in a league of their own when it comes to this style of music

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

fuck guys I feel a Copeland kick coming on, time to listen to nothing but this band for the rest of the month

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Album is so beautifully layered. Theres something new I notice on every listen. Reminds me of Nearer My God in that way. Whether it be a textured guitar part, a synth line, an auxiliary percussion part, a bass line, or even a random background vocal.

11. Philll

Trusted

So what album should I go back to first? I get the impression Ixora would be the natural one to explore after this one?

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Ixora and YAMS

Saephon, beachdude, OotyPa and 4 others like this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

beachdude, anonimito and Nate_Johnson like this.
  14. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I fell in love with this album so I just bought one of the LP bundles. Worth ittttt

beachdude, anonimito and teebs41 like this.
  15. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I would just work my way backwards through their catalog.

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

they have no bad albums

17. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

beachdude and anonimito like this.
  19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

You Are My Sunshine is still absolutely flawless.

20. Copeland’s goooooddd.

That’s all.
    [​IMG]

m9tt, coleslawed, Bryan Diem and 11 others like this.
  21. Kevin360

Somebody in here, when trying to tell me I needed to listen to this, told me it would send me down the same rabbit hole of diving into a band’s discography like I dove into Jimmy Eat World a few years ago.

I listened to Copeland a little bit in the Sunshine days, but they got lost in a flurry of a lot of new music I was discovering around that time, circa ‘08/‘09.

Here I am, all the albums queued up on my iPhone and ready to dive in and fall love with a new old band.

Every time I try to step away and take a break from Chorus, I’m pulled back in by the reason it exists. Music.

Funny really.

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

You’re going to be floored by Ixora

23. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

I love hearing this! :-) Glad to know my hunch was right! ;-)

beachdude, Kevin360 and teebs41 like this.
  24. Kevin360

So, someone explain to me what exactly is going on with Ixora and Ixora Twin?

If I buy that white vinyl on the website, is that actually the album? Both?

beachdude, anonimito and teebs41 like this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

No, Ixora and Ixora twin were two separate albums think cope and hope.

But they can be played simaltanioisly to create a quadraphonic listening experience.