Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland - Blushing (February 14, 2019) Album • Page 30

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Dec 5, 2018.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah totally see that now. There’s a distinct ebb between each third of the album that makes it sound extremely cohesive. The final 3 track run and beginning 4 are very very good.

Should I be expunging my ideas of Copeland based on what I know of Blushing? Seems like Blushing isn’t too comparable

Also the outdo to Disjointed is probably my favorite thing on the record so I think I’m gonna like Blushing even more

And this record is more Sufjan Stevens than Bon Iver, I remember someone saying the BI comment

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

There’s traces of the band that made Ixora on previous albums, but besides lyrically and a few moments on Ixora (like disjointed, lavender) there isn’t a whole lot that sounds like Blushing.

I recommend the Twin version of Ixora as well. It doesn’t sound like Blushing, but it feels a little more like it to me because of the sparse arrangements.

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Ixora and twin quadraphonic is the only real way to listen

4. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I haven't had a ton of time to listen to this yet but it just really clicked this morning at work, I'm in love. It's probably not a great comparison, but this to me is like taking Foxing's "Five Cups" and making an album out of it.

5. GBlades

Trusted

Is there a way to listen to Ixora quadraphonic? I have both albums but have no real practical way of listening to the 2 together.

anonimito likes this.
  6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I’m legit behind on a bunch of podcasts and other music because of this album.

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I have a soundlink and edifier speakers and I use my phone and computer, I’ve only done it like 3-4 times, it’s amazing haha. Hard to line up. My post was mostly a joke

beachdude and anonimito like this.
  8. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, this and the Chamber of Secrets audio book have prevented me from listening to anything else since Friday.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I think there’s a YouTube playlist or SoundCloud playlist that had both of them combined. Not the same as a full quality stream but interesting nonetheless. I can search when i get to work.

10. sooner518

Regular

Back when twin was released, someone combined each track into a single cohesive file. I have it. It sounds a little flat so its probably not quite the same effect as putting them both on at the same time. ive probably only listened to it once or twice, as the regular album is more enjoyable IMO

beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  11. GBlades

Trusted

I haven't been able to have a good look because I'm at work but I think I might have found it already!

anonimito likes this.
  12. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Are you listening to the ones read by Jim Dale? Jim Dale is my actual hero. He is unbelievable.

13. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Efffff.

I love this so much...

14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Okay colorless is my favorite now y’all win

15. KalValor

Regular

Pope to Waltz on Water is such a great stretch. Best part of the album

16. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I see what you did there...

I'm only commenting because for ten seconds, not being overly familiar with the track listing yet, I was confused.

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes!! I knew you would!

anonimito likes this.
  18. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

the combined versions of ICMYFYA and World Turn are to die for. HIALY, Disjointed, and Like a Lie are also pretty decent combined. Like I Want You is good with it's respective versions played separately. together, it sounds like a bit of a mess, in my opinion.

19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea he def got lazy on like I want you, but it’s a bonus track so it’s fine lol

20. tvck

Trusted

How is everyone listening to this!? I wants it

beachdude, anonimito and teebs41 like this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Make sure all you Apple Music and Spotify people delete the link and add the actual album from the service so the band gets the streams when it’s out lol... I don’t know why I even think about these things

22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Also I’ll try and get the lyric sheet posted after work today. Too lazy to type it all out but I can scan / take photos of the pages if anyone is curious, though Aaron sings pretty clearly.

23. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I honestly don't know, it wasn't acquired from the most legal means.. I just know it's a lively British man who I enjoy!

24. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

Tooth & Nail has gotten really good recently with making hi-res FLAC files available for purchase, mainly in 24-bit, 48khz quality, so unless the digital download from my vinyl order is that or higher (i'm hopeful because the download for Rabbit in the Snare was 24-bit, 96khz Apple Lossless), i'm gonna pick that up.

beachdude and anonimito like this.
  25. tvck

Trusted

you beautiful, beautiful people

beachdude, anonimito and TSLROCKS like this.