Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland – “Night Figures” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 6, 2018.

1. moosic

Hear hear!

Bruh, that song was in Aaron’s head months before it was released. Not cool. Not cool at all.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Wat

coleslawed and Ska Senanake like this.
  3. chilllll

Regular

i have same memories like that with all the old ones and still vibe on them and its amazing to me how when ixora came out it literally picked right up and did the same thing to me. even stronger than the other ones. it always amazes me how a particular band can do that to me and many ppl. music is crazy man.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Interesting that they chose to promote the fact that they've toured with Brand New in the past in the write up on their website:

(photo - Aaron Marsh)

The album is a strong step forward for Copeland, who plans to continue writing and releasing music together for the foreseeable future. The band, who have toured with the likes of Brand New, Goo Goo Dolls, Bob Mould, Switchfoot, Motion City Soundtrack and Guster, will also tour on the new material. In many ways, Blushing encapsulates the band’s impressive career, while also showcasing their evolution into mature songwriters and producers. It reveals how the strength of each individual component that makes up Copeland’s sound.

5. Connor

I mean they were highlighting some of the huge bands they toured with.... Brand New is one of the biggest. It’s not like they are endorsing or really saying anything about Brand New in that statement.

6. Serenity Now

I get that it's historically accurate, but its kind of unnecessary given the long list of bands they go on to mention. Some of which are far bigger than BN. Why affiliate yourselves with them at all?

7. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

It's an accomplishment to tour with brand new because it's playing for thousands of people a night. Actors don't take movies made by Harvey Weinstein off of their imdb.

8. Serenity Now

The could have made the same point without mention of BN. Plenty of other acts are having to distance themselves from their connection to that band.

9. Connor

Stop trying to create controversy where there is none

chilllll, coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, this is weak. I don’t even think Copeland wrote that write up, since the release date of Ixora is wrong.

Connor and anonimito like this.
  11. Serenity Now

Not trying to create controversy. Just pointed out that it was an interesting choice to leave that in there as I don't know why you would want to highlight a link to that band. People have gone out of their way to distance themselves from BN professionally and fans went so far as to remove them from end of year lists back in '17. It'd be just as strange as some other band deciding to promote the fact that they used to tour with the likes of PWR BTTM, Blood on the Dance Floor, The Orwells, etc.

Also, even if the band didn't do the write up, they have some accountability about what is/is not said about their band. Especially when its a huge write up that posted on their own website.

12. chilllll

Regular

Brah you need to chillllll

13. teebs41 Dec 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 11, 2018)
    teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Stop making mountains out of mole hills, this ain’t it Chief.

14. Serenity Now

Agree to disagree. Catch you around elsewhere.