Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cool App: Record Bird

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

I’ve been playing around with this new app called Record Bird that lets you select a bunch of your favorite bands and make sure you’re notified when they release new music.

Record Bird informs you about new and upcoming music releases of your favorite artists and genres. Always be the first to know about a new album or single by your favorite bands and musicians.

It’s missing some of the more indie artists at the moment, but it’s a pretty cool app. Worth giving a look.

2. brandon

Regular Prestigious

Seems cool, but there's no Android support :-/

3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

why would I need that app when I have this website

4. supernovagirl and JRGComedy like this.
  5. DearCory

Regular

I was literally saying just the other day, that it's absolutely ridiculous that Apple Music doesn't have this feature built in!

6. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Does the site actually have a similar notification or subscription feature? I would love it if it did. I'm clicking on bands' tags, and I'm not seeing these abilities.

7. Not yet. I've been thinking of something. I think the post was mostly referring to just being in the know about release dates and such. But, I do wanna build a more robust subscription like thing for artists at some point. The customized news feed that doesn't rely on RSS.

8. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I have no idea why this is an app. This could just as easily be a website.

brandon likes this.
  9. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

the new releases feature on rdio was always one of my favorite things about the service. such a shame that it's gone.

10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Just got a notification that Record Bird is shutting down on July 23rd ☹️