Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Converge Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Apr 8, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Do we know if there's a full length? Or just these singles ?

2. @SteveLikesMusic I've seen a bunch of sites reference an upcoming album. But the preorder for the 7in has me second guessing that.

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

press release said wrapping up ninth album, these are singles in the mean time dont think they'll be on it from the sound of it.

4. Oh dear I think I will not go read it for the sake of my serenity

Thank you for the clarification Kenneth! Just trying to make sure you're still sane...

I am applying to three different law schools in the state of North Carolina and I try to see DBT once a year and they love doing 2 night stands in Asheville and Raleigh so this might work out!

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

yo real talk if we go to a DBT show ill faint but im totally down. and i have never been sane

DaydreamNation likes this.
  6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I wonder if they'll play any of the new songs live when I see them live on Friday...

7. atlas

Trusted

evidently I had forgotten about Plagues when I typed this

Bryan Diem likes this.
  8. atlas

Trusted

Ayyy I'm in line to see this band live right now. This is sick

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

Another new song.

10. swboyd

why couldn't they play this on friday when I saw them? ugh. :(

11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

What's the merch situation at these neurosis converge shows? I'll be in philly

12. atlas

Trusted

Converge table only takes cash. But they've got all manner of stuff, shirts, hats, prints, records, even guitar pedals if that's your thing.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Hopefully they're separate singles and there's a whole new record coming out

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Nice, and how is it all price-wise?

15. teel

Regular

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

3 stacks at a converge show omg

Zac Djamoos, Bryan Diem and Joe4th like this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Best band I've ever seen

Bryan Diem likes this.
  18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Came here to say this.

Kinda surprised they didn't play more You Fail Me with the remaster so recent, but I liked that there was a lot of Axe to Fall and no No Heroes.

19. cwhit

ok i really got into this band finally last night

20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Give us all the gory details.

21. cwhit

i mean i've always liked them i'm just rarely in the mood to listen to heavy music, friend saw them last week and we talked about it at the jeff show a couple of nights ago, so decided to throw on jane doe and you fail me, and those were two great listens. combination of being in the mood for it and paying intense attention to the details really made a satisfying evening

swboyd likes this.
  22. swboyd

I feel like everyone who I know who's gotten into Converge has a similar story...you're just kind of ambivalent towards them before, and then all of a sudden you listen to an album of theirs and it just clicks. Typically that album is Jane Done, but it happened with a buddy of mine with AWLWLB. Once that happens, you realize they're such an incredible band

23. cwhit

oh yeah, they're a band i've already had incredible respect for and definitely enjoyed (i still regret missing their show in one of my favorite venues, a 200 cap or so in dc, with loma prieta on my birthday in 2012) but last night was the first time it really really kicked me in the chest

24. Deathco_019

Drummer

I'm in the same boat. I've been a casual fan of them since 2014 amd I've still only listened to Jane Doe and AWLWLB, but I've really been feeling heavy music a lot this year and I just saw them a couple nights ago, which has turned me into a full-fledged fan. Gonna check out Axe To Fall next and I definitely want to see them when they come around next.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Their remastered You Fail Me might even edge out Jane Doe for me. Though I still need to check out the rest soon. Probably will go with their latest album then No Heroes per the recommendations.