Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Conor Oberst

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JohnR831, Oct 25, 2016.

1. JohnR831 Oct 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 25, 2016)
    JohnR831

Regular

There appears not to be a Conor Oberst thread...so here we go.

Hailing from Omaha, Nebraska, Conor Oberst has been making music since his pre-teens in the early 1990s. He has released a prolific amount of critically acclaimed music. He's known for his solo work and as a member of Desaparecidos, Monsters of Folk, The Mystic Valley Band, and most notably, Bright Eyes.

MikaLuna likes this.
  2. JohnR831

Regular

Nonesuch to Release Conor Oberst Exclusive Vinyl 7-Inch for Record Store Day Black Friday, November 25! The vinyl features a new full-band recording of "Tachycardia," a song on his just-released solo album Ruminations, paired with "Afterthought," an unreleased track from the Ruminations recording sessions.

conor-oberst-tachycardia-7in-450sq.jpg

Serenity Now likes this.
  3. Horrorca

Trusted

there are like three threads going on ATM LOL

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  4. JohnR831

Regular

Oh, I've only seen an album-specific thread and a Bright Eyes thread. Didn't see one for general discussion

5. zmtr

Trusted

Trying to figure out why his Wiki page says he was featured in 29 #Strafford APTS by Bon Iver

6. JohnR831

Regular

It sounds like Conor at 2:08 maybe? Like it seems doubtful, but maybe?

7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Anyone going to see him on his current Ruminations tour? I'll be at night #1 in Chicago on 11/26.

Very pumped.

8. wearethedead

missing out

This song has been stuck in my head all day:

9. JohnR831

Regular

The "Tachycardia" single that was released for black friday is up on iTunes! It features a full-band version on the song, and a b-side called "Afterthought."

It's also up to stream on Spotify~

10. bedwettingcosmo Jan 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 3, 2019)
    bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

rumor is that he has an album coming out with phoebe bridgers under the name "better oblivion community center". apparently the session drummer that recorded their stuff posted about it on FB.

What is Better Oblivion?? : oboards

conor retweeted this

the entities website is teasing something later this month.

BETTER OBLIVION COMMUNITY CENTER

take it all with a grain of salt but if true....wow.

edit:

the last.fm for this "artist" has 10 tracks all scrobbled only once. sorry for going down the rabbit hole but i am getting irrationally hyped

Better Oblivion Community Center music, videos, stats, and photos | Last.fm

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Horrorca

Trusted

both Phoebe and Connor have interviewed Mark Kozelek - here's hoping for a feature! :P

regardless, super excited for this!

Connor and teebs41 like this.
  13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Damn HYPE i guess. Better be real!

Connor likes this.
  14. Dog Fish

Mutt

Jan 23

Connor and teebs41 like this.
  15. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit. Wow. Trying not to get too hyped, but this is really exciting.

Connor likes this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

Serenity Now and Connor like this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Listening to desa for the first time in forever. God this is so good

Connor likes this.
  18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

HMMMMMMM interested in this possible album

teebs41 likes this.
  19. Serenity Now

Called the number for giggles. The message states that "plans for our launch party for 1/23 are well underway" but that's about it.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. JohnR831

Regular

It's definitely Conor who recorded the message, right?

21. bedwettingcosmo

22. Serenity Now

It wasn't conor's voice on the first message. I called again today and they have a new voice mail message. It is now a "reverend" advertising his seminar at the community center on 1/23. also doesn't sound like conor.

23. bedwettingcosmo

yeah its definitely not conor on the VM

24. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Saw Conor on Friday and he killed it as usual. Shortish set but I can't complain because he trotted out some DEEP BE cuts as well as my favorite b-side "Trees Get Wheeled Away"

Conor Oberst Setlist at Wall Street Theater, Norwalk

People behind me were talking loudly and I finally lost it during "No One Would Riot.." after they didn't shut up when I tried to give them the death stare.

I tried to be nice and said "Hey, if you guys are going to continue talking please go to the bar or the back of the room - this isn't the place for that."

They immediately got super aggressive and the one guy goes "What are you going to do about it?" Luckily my friend chimed in and said "It's really fucking annoying" I was already ignoring them but my friend said he then came back with "Well at least I'm talking to a girl!" I swear I'm always around the worst people at shows.

25. Serenity Now

Props to you for going beyond the death stare and speaking up. I usually go the more passive route and try and find a new location. Always feels like the weaker choice.

arewehavingfunyet likes this.