Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Conor Oberst - Salutations (March 17, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JohnR831, Jan 17, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

That's a shame

Daniel Brittain likes this.
  2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

one of the few leaks i might end up checking out in recent memory. can't wait

3. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Knowing it leaked (and not looking) just builds the anticipation for me. The four songs released so far have been on repeat for me, right along with I'm Wide Awake, Outer South, Upside Down Mountain, and Ruminations.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Not going to listen to the leak

5. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Won't be able to listen to the leak for a while...can anyone tell me if the Salutations version of Afterthought is the same as the version on the RSD 7"?

6. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

This is fucking great

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Excellent album, really lucky of us that this exists, thanks Conor!

8. wearethedead

missing out

Here's a new song (so new that it won't be on Salutations, apparently he wrote it last week), and it's pretty amazing.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  9. bedwettingcosmo

fuck, that songs not on the album? that sucks cause its great

10. trip9

Such an angry song, I like it.

11. bedwettingcosmo

12. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

13. bedwettingcosmo

definitely, but the new song definitely sounds like him drowning in some serious grief

neo506 likes this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

man ya'll in for something. these sound so much better redone with the full band. barbary coast in particular is blowing my mind.

matthaber likes this.
  15. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Holy crap - this album is amazing. I thought for sure there would be some filler tracks on a 17-song album, but there's really only one song on this entire thing that I'm not crazy about. I prefer these full-band recordings for every song from Ruminations too. I love the musicianship on this album. This is exactly the kind of music I love hearing from Conor.

The track list does seem kind of all over the place to me, but this guy's output lately has been extremely impressive to me - especially considering that YouTube video is his brand brand new, really angry sounding song.

wearethedead and airik625 like this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've never seen this til now, but WOW

airik625 likes this.
  17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I hadn't either. Very cool.

Just bought tickets tonight for his show in Chattanooga in a few weeks. Will be my first time seeing him live.

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't wait to hear this soon... won't listen to the leak.. idk why

19. airik625

me neither.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

this album is great, and napalm is one of my favorite conor songs. between this and ruminations i'm v v happy that i finally love something new by him

teebs41 likes this.
  21. airik625

22. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i've still never listened to pre-fevers or post-wide awake bright eyes apart from a few songs off the people's key

should get on that sometime i suppose

23. airik625

Was there a reason you listened to just that one era?

24. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

not really. i started listening to him when i was pretty young (like 13-14) and i'm wide awake did not interest me back then nearly as much as fevers & lifted (and rm/ss) did, so i never really listened past it. not sure why i didn't listen to letting off the happiness tho

25. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I don't know. This article rubbed me the wrong way. I love most everything Conor does and it has nothing to do with what they mentioned here. He's a fantastic songwriter, whether he's sad or happy or whatever. Those aren't things that ever catch my attention. His "I do what I want" attitude, songwriting skills, poetry... that's what catches me about him.

wearethedead likes this.