Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Conor Oberst - Salutations (March 17, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JohnR831, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Wow. Holy sh-t. This is incredible. I can't believe we're getting all 10 Ruminations tracks re-worked plus 7 new songs.

Originally, I didn't want to get my hopes up too too much that we'd even get full-band versions of the 10 album tracks - I can't lie though, hearing the newer version of Tachycardia really really did.

Daniel Brittain likes this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

3. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

very here for it

Aregala likes this.
  4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

please make sure someone notifies me when there is a reply to this thread

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

there is a new reply in this thread

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Just like Stay Gold was exactly the kind of album I wanted from Butch Walker, these songs from Salutations are exactly the kind of music I wanted from Conor Oberst. I have a feeling this album is going to be great.

7. airik625 Jan 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 19, 2017)
    airik625

I have a similar feeling.

8. bedwettingcosmo

crazy his output as of late

9. Horrorca

Trusted

thought Ruminations was ok, LOVED the full album versions tho, so pumped AF I guess

10. bedwettingcosmo

this is gonna be fucken rad

11. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I remember giving Upside Down Mountain a listen when it first came out and thinking some of the songs were really good and some were pretty unimpressive, which for some artists would be pretty good but for Conor Oberst just seems really lackluster. I really think he's one of the greatest songwriters going right now.

I know this is a total cliché to say, but I only recently discovered the b-sides to this album, and they are ----ing incredible and really put this album over the top for me. Standing On The Outside Looking In and Sugar Street are both incredible songs, and I honestly think Fast Friends is hands-down one of the greatest songs Conor Oberst has ever written. This is all I have been listening to lately.

12. bedwettingcosmo

hhuh i didn't even check out the bsides. will now

13. irthesteve

Fast Friends is pretty cool, definitely would fit on the album (esp with First Aid Kit being on it), but I was never really into the other two

14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

For as much as I liked Ruminations, I didn't go back to it a ton which surprises me a lot. Mainly because I think Conor is a super uneven songwriter and his albums are often full of stuff I think is incredible and stuff that by comparison is just good and Ruminations felt like one of his more consistent works. I'm excited to see how full band arrangements shift that assessment for me, if it does at all

15. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Where are the B-sides available?

teebs41 likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

17. irthesteve

Standing and Sugar were released together as a standalone single, Fast was a b-side to Hundred Ways single

18. bedwettingcosmo

God I need a protest song from him real bad rn

19. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

JohnR831, Jim and wearethedead like this.
  20. wearethedead

missing out

I like this version a LOT. This was my favourite song on Ruminations but I like this one at least equally, maybe even more, compared to the original. Great song. Cool video too.

21. irthesteve

Love the new version, can't wait for the album

22. JohnR831

Regular

Love it. I need to see him live again

23. airik625

Love those b-sides. All of them.

24. airik625

Salutations leaked.