Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Conor Oberst - Ruminations (October 14 2016) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Aug 3, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Perfect.

17 tracks.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Damn sick

3. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

hell yeah

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

teebs41 likes this.
  5. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i fuckin love this album so much

Serenity Now and teebs41 like this.
  6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i wanna see deesaparecidos live again so bad

ECV and teebs41 like this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I listen to this one over salutations for some reason. It’s just got this rare honest quality that’s difficult to describe.

Serenity Now and nfdv2 like this.
  8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

And it's not bloated as hell like Sal.

9. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I feel now that this record is one of his very best, it's hard to say something like that given how incredible RM/SS, fevers, and i' m wide awake are but this album truly showcases his innate strengths as a songwriter and lyricist and is ironically the first time he masters vulnerability

Also I think with time it's clearer to see how outstanding his work is, he's not the most consistent artist by any means but he has this effortless skill for folk/pop song structure and poignant encapsulations of mundane life and it's unfortunate that his talent's always been shadowed (through no fault of his own) by his artistic persona

For some reason I always relate him as an artist to modest mouse, though there are no obvious musical similarities. Between this and the unreleased BE stuff he seems to be at a peak again, which is exciting

10. irthesteve

still find this one pretty boring and one-note for the most part. I don't think Salutations is a huge step forward overall, but those versions of the songs are definitely better

11. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

My introduction to these songs was seeing him play them in a huge church and that experience definitely helped me appreciate them as much as I do

I could see this record coming off like that if you're not into its lyrics but the minimalism to me just makes the emotional weight of the narratives heavier, it resembles the life of the world to come a little bit and specifically genesis 30:3

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

RSD Drops to Feature Conor Oberst, Randy Newman Vinyl - Nonesuch Records

Serenity Now likes this.
  13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i read that as a Conor/Randy collab and now i'm way less interested lol

14. irthesteve

4 new bonus tracks is cool at least

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

its cool but i dont think it's spend money on the new pressing cool, assuming/hoping this new edition will be available streaming.

16. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Yeah, I love this record but I don’t need another copy.

17. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I first confused ruminations with salutations and immediately thought "what's left to add??"

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious