Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Conor Oberst Announces New Solo Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Conor Oberst will release his new solo album, Ruminations, on October 14th. The album cover and track listing can be found below and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Tachycardia
    2. Barbary Coast (later)
    3. Gossamer Thin
    4. Counting Sheep
    5. Mamah Borthwick (A Sketch)
    6. The Rain Follows the Plow
    7. A Little Uncanny
    8. Next of Kin
    9. You All Loved Him Once
    10. Till St. Dymphna Kicks Us Out

[​IMG]

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

oh i have a good feeling about this

coleslawed and KennedyBN like this.
  3. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Looking forward to this. Someone spent all of 10 minutes on that album cover though, how disappointing.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  4. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

Really love Conor but I have a hard time really getting into anything post- I'm Wide Awake and It's Morning.

Will always listen in hopes that it resonates with me.

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

You should go back and listen to his first solo record, it's self titled. So good

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  6. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Snagged a copy around noon today. Hope I made the cut off for a signed insert.

Makes up for the cluster f*ck that was the Brand New pre-sale today.

7. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

The write-up on this album has me hyped. But who am I kidding? I'm always hyped for anything new from Conor.

Serenity Now and teebs41 like this.
  8. Johnny Bananas

Peace & Love

Great news! Been listening to the Mosters of Folk album a lot recently. Would love for another one of them some day. However, love Conor and buzzing for this album. Also, Conor/Bright Eyes is perfect Fall music!

9. wearethedead

missing out

This was a pleasant surprise to see on my news feed earlier! I really enjoyed Upside Down Mountain, in my opinion it's one of his best albums for at least 10 years, and the description of this one makes me really excited. As far as I can tell it's all Conor, which surely must make it one of his first fully solo albums? Either way, the stripped back nature of it is getting me very excited, even though they could've tried harder with that album art!

teebs41 likes this.
  10. JohnR831

Regular

Really excited for this! His last solo album was one of my favorite albums in recent years. The Desa album was pretty great too. I've yet to find an artist quite like him when it comes to lyricism. He's certainly my favorite writer. I ordered the vinyl shortly after they posted it, so hopefully I got an autograph!

11. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

i'm going to spend my entire birthday listening to this.

teebs41 likes this.