Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Condé Nast to Cease ‘Teen Vogue’ in Print, Cut 80 Jobs and Lower Mag Frequencies

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Alexandra Steigrad, writing for WWD:

The New York-based publisher, which has instilled a hiring freeze, will slash about 80 jobs, equal to a decrease of about 2.5 percent of its 3,000-person workforce. Budgets across departments are also expected to get a haircut, with the worst-performing divisions and magazines getting cuts of up to 20 percent.

As part of that mandate, Condé is reducing the frequencies of most of its titles and will shutter Teen Vogue in print. Monthly titles Vanity Fair, Vogue, Wired and The New Yorker, which publishes weekly, will not see any frequency changes. Brides, which runs six times a year, will also continue at that publishing pace.

2. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

ship90 and Essie like this.
  3. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Lauren Duca did some amazing work there. Shame it went to her head.

4. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Well I guess I'll finally stop receiving Teen Vogue magazines in the mail that I never signed up for (I think they came from shopping at a store like Ulta or F21? I haven't even been a teen in 10 years). I did keep a few copies with cover stories I liked, though.

5. ship90

Trusted

What do you mean? Might have missed something.

I feel terrible for those employees, actually started following Teen Vogue because of some of the really good articles they wrote last year. Disappointing.

6. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Nothing specific she just read her twitter feed she’s high on her own supply.

ship90 likes this.