Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Concert Venue Discussion Thread Tour • Page 8

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ccsc918, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Headed to South Farms for another socially distanced, non-drive in show on Halloween. Felt beyond safe at a 9/16 show there and was able to let the world melt away and just enjoy. With the temperatures dropping and South Farms apparently closing in 2021 based on local complaints, going to be sure to savor it.

theasteriskera and riotspray like this.
  2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

we've been throwing shows in the empty lot next to my bandmate's house for the past few months. they've been getting pretty excited, respectful responses despite a literal lack of promotion. the power of foot traffic and social starvation i guess. any band is capable of that right now, it's definitely possible to make it work and be conscious about how you're all congregating. this winter should be rough for sure, but i think once outside temps get back to reasonable many musicians will be finding similar ways to make do.

3. Cody

as for real bands with real followings, lol who fkn knows

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah we had a small indoor venue here open up an outdoor open air venue. It’s been doing well for local, small, socially distanced shows, but now it’s getting too cold. Touring bands though need to be at 100% cap for anything to be viable, so won’t come until after a vaccine.

5. ccsc918

existing

Not sure if any of the St. Louis people who frequent the forums know about this but a new venue is opening up eventually in Chesterfield called "The Factory". 3000 cap, Could it detour bands from booking Pageant?

heres a link to what it looks like

Box

6. atlas

Trusted

Not a STL native but I'm sure they will have no problem sharing the 0 bands being booked for the forseeable future

7. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Looks like 20 Monroe Live in Grand Rapids.

8. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Anyone know the fate of The End in Nashville?

9. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

First Avenue in Minneapolis is probably my favorite venue I've ever been to, and my favorite part about it is that the floor/pit is depressed in the ground, below the surrounding bar/merch area, so you can totally just sit on the ledge (pictured below on the right) next to the stage and get the best view in the venue without having to push around for barricade. ee3146d7ce495d7713dd4dead42c0faa.jpg

theasteriskera and popdisaster00 like this.
  10. Cody

I’m playing there in June so to the best of my knowledge it’s still open