Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Community (NBC/Yahoo) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Watching season 6 again and it's so solid. The episode with the dog that went to Greendale is seriously one of the funniest episodes of the show. The dean bringing Jeff the can of olives has me in stitches every time.

I only just noticed that when Frankie calls the dean to alert others of the smear ad, he picks up his phone next to a framed photo of Jeff and a jar of lotion lmfao

2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I love that episode so so much

"I found the smell... someone filed a taco"

"Filed under 'things that would otherwise go straight to my thighs'"

local_corn and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

S6 is so underrated, several of the funniest episodes of the series are in there

4. Rowan5215

6 is actually the best outside of 2, I humbly propose. the looser, improvisational feel it has is closer to the show I imagine they always wanted to make but NBC wouldn't allow. it also feels like a true ensemble and not just the Jeff and Annie show that it gradually became in the previous seasons and I dig that

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Eh, 1-3 is unbeatable to me. It's definitely the best of the second half though (though I love most of 5 too)

Rowan5215 likes this.
  6. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I personally enjoy 1-3 and 5+6 equally.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  7. Rowan5215

1 starts off a little too generic sitcom for me, it definitely kicks into the show we love around halfway through but it's hella slow going in the start

3 is just wildly inconsistent at best. the best episodes from it are easily up there with my faves (lookin at you Chang as a detective) but the bad stuff is really bad, and neither of the long-running arcs really pay off in a way that makes me feel like they were worth building up for a whole season. idk, it's an ambitious, crazy thing and I respect it but also I can't enjoy the season as a whole

6 is short, sweet and brilliant. there's a total one episode I don't care for (even 2 isn't free from one of those) while the 12 others are all knockouts with some of the show's best ever nestled in there. I don't know if it was just more along my taste than other people's or whatever, but I think it's insanely underrated and it's reputation is gonna keep rising with fans

tdlyon and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

A lot of season 6 is too shaggy and that throws the pace off. I like season 6 but it’s pretty comfortably my least favorite Harmon season.

9. RyanPm40

Actually, I've read an article recently that argued that S6 is probably moreso what NBC was expecting out of the show and the reasons were actually pretty good points to me. S6 was something more grounded in reality about a group of friends.

The crazy, conceptual episodes full of inside jokes was kind of ill-suited for a more standard, traditional NBC sitcom. Not that those didn't also exist in S6, but I still feel that the season was far more grounded and less silly than 2 and 3, which would probably be more appealing to studio execs

10. RyanPm40

What's the one episode you didn't care for? The one with the giant fist was the one for me that just never clicked, minus the very end scene with the dad arguing with his wife, wanting a large hand to save his son lol

11. Rowan5215

that's fair, but the pace and the looser feel of the episodes is definitely less the type of thing NBC would have been looking for even if the concept was moreso

the grifting one is pretty bad - I love Matt Berry so much but god they totally wasted him on that mess of a script. the RV/hand one is a favourite of mine

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Anyone who liked Community or Parks should go stream Season 2 of Trial & Error on Hulu. It’s one of the funniest shows on right now and scratches the itch for the same kind of dumb humor.

Help it get a season 3!

Whalejaw and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

I always wanted to watch Trial and Error but I can't find where I could watch all of season 1.

14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yeah unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be anywhere to easily stream Season 1. But season 2 is kind of a stand-alone story and they catch you up pretty easily on anything important. It’s watchable and enjoyable on its own.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really wish I liked Trial & Error as much as other people seem to. It has its moments but I always see it get compared to shows like Parks & Rec and Arrested Development and it just doesn't come anywhere close imo

16. @@ron

Regular

There is no heart in it. It's funny, but every character is the extreme version of themselves. Comparing it to Parks and Rec or Community doesn't hold up because both of those shows had incredible character moments that made you feel something. If we're talking about newer shows, Superstore comes closer than Trial and Error, but The Office, Parks and Rec and Community were something special.

tdlyon and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The only currently running shows that give me the same feeling as those shows are Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Good Place...and Schur is involved in both lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Just finished this for the first time and wow. Didn’t realize a sitcom could make me feel so many things.

19. Rowan5215

last episode wrecks me

Petit nain des Îles and Nyquist like this.
  20. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

First time I watched it, no one really knew yet if this was going to be the end end. Like ten seconds in after Leonard says “school’s out, bitches” and everyone exits the buildings and all the classrooms are empty and that wistful Ludwig Göransson music begins to play I sat there like “oh no” and was a mess the rest of the episode. So satisfying.

21. Rowan5215

I am really glad it was, much as I wish the show could have continued forever - 6 seasons was enough and I cannot think of a better episode to go out on

Petit nain des Îles and Nyquist like this.
  22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I wish Danny Pudi was in more things because I think he’ll be what I miss the most about this show.

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've said it before but literally the only thing missing from making it a perfect series finale is an update on Troy. Not even necessarily Donald himself showing up (though obviously I would have loved that), at least letting us know if he made it or not instead of just leaving it up in the air. Maybe show a news story about a kid successfully sailing all across the world and spending all the money on something dumb (or maybe touching, like something Abed would love)

I guess they had to leave a hook for the movie that will probably never happen lol

24. Rowan5215

imo the "it has to be okay for it to leave on a boat with Levar Burton and never come back... because eventually it all will" is a better resolution than an explicit confirmation of what happened to him, which would have felt forced and fan-servicey however they put it in the episode. even the "kidnapped by pirates" news article was a little forced altho still funny.

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, I could get behind that. It's good resolution on Abed's behalf at least. Maybe they could have like left the bar or something and then the report comes on the TV and none of them see it? I just don't like the idea that Troy is possibly just dead lol