Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Community (NBC/Yahoo) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

A lot of this stuff came out during S4

2. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I appreciate and have supported Megan in everything she's ever done, this low-key breaks my heart. Community used to be extremely my shit.

VanMastaIteHab and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Definitely not surprised at him being an asshole, my concern was if this was sexual harassment or worse, but I don't know the details. More of an assumption based on the other revelations of famous people lately.

Regardless, I had no idea about this and I'm really bummed to hear it.

4. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

It sucks that happened to anyone. Not sure why it's somehow worse because you love something she did....

I Am Mick likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

They didn't say it makes it worse than it happening to anyone. It just hits closer to home when it's someone you're a fan of/care about.

6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

You’re right, I wasn’t trying to say it was worse. Just that I am particularly hurt by this one. Like the post a few above, my heart is pretty broken over this. She doesn’t deserve to feel this way, no one does.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  7. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

im going to start a rewatch of the show because its been a long time. i adored season 1-3, i remember season 3 getting flak after it aired but i think its pretty phenomenal, season 4 is spotty at best, i only watched like half of season 5 and i havent watched any of season 6 but i hear season 5 and season 6 are really good and have a good mixture of "themed" episodes and character development/interaction.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Anthony_ like this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Thread

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Wow I was not expecting it to go in that direction, though Harmon always acknowledges when he’s an asshole. He just needs to learn that acknowledging it doesn’t excuse it.

10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

this feels so good in a sea of half-assed apologies. i resolved to drop Harmontown after last week so i've had this sitting around unlistened, will have to jump in and listen. does not make anything he did okay, but a true resolution in these situations is so very rare.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Obviously the victim's feelings are the only thing that matters; however, how many fucking times is this dude going to be a mean, ignorant dickhead and then apologize for it and move on. This is a common trend, he's a huge asshole and it affects the way I view his work.

12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i completely agree. i believe he has changed a lot for the better since the divorce and his "rock bottom" of sorts, but the laundry list of offenses prior to that make me uncomfortable in supporting him.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It seems like Harmon has made a serious effort to better himself in recent years, and that is rare to see when it comes to men in positions of power in the entertainment industry. Nothing he can say or do excuses what he did in the past, but acknowledgement/acceptance of responsibility and atonement is important to see, especially in such a public way as this. I listened to the segment and was surprised at how candid, honest, and in no way deflective Dan was. It was clinical and objective in a way that no "apology" from any of the other high-profile offenders has been thus far. His up-front disclaimer calling on any of his fans to refrain from further harassment/re-victimization was also good to see. In the end, though, I'm just glad Megan was satisfied and has been able to find it in her heart to accept his apology, because literally no other person's feelings or opinions matter in this situation.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

lish, Anthony_, local_corn and 3 others like this.
  15. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

[​IMG]

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Gotta be for Joel's show

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

The avengers are going to save Greendale from Thanos, guys. #andamovie

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

Def for Joel's show. His last episode had him, Allison and Jim together in a sketch.

19. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

just a reminder of how great this show was, even in its later seasons

20. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Seasons 5 and 6 have some of the shows highest highs imo

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. RyanPm40

22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

it blows my mind that danny pudi hasn't become a bigger star. the man is unbelievably talented

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

They were with Gillian also, check out her Insta story!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I know reboots / bringing back old shows are big right now, but I'm pretty confident that the movie will never happen

Still, I love that they all still hang out and get along.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. RyanPm40

Oh that's awesome! It's always great when actors from a show or movie you love are still good friends and love to hang out together.

Yeah, it tend to agree with you there. Still, any time one of them posts that hashtag, it gets me jonesing for that movie! Maybe one day, but yeah, unlikely.