Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Community (NBC/Yahoo) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

doing a rewatch too. love love love this show!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Oh my god. Hahahahaha I somehow never caught this either.

RyanPm40 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lol yeah my gf thought I was nuts! It's the same ep with Luca the war criminal

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I think this is my favorite tiny moment of the show

5. RyanPm40

Hmm, I know it's the D&D episode but I can't remember the context of the joke so I don't know why it's funny :P. I'll have to rewatch that one next!

6. RyanPm40

Did anyone else start rewatching Community simply because they rewatched Rick and Morty wayyy too much in anticipation of Season 3?

Gotta get my Harmon fix somehow!

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It won't be that funny typed out lol but it's towards the beginning when they're trying to sound impressed by everything Fat Neil says to make him feel better about himself, and right before this Troy asks if there's any game pieces or anything to "Jenga" and Abed says "no, this game takes place in your mind" and then the video happens

8. Serh Sep 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2017)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 and local_corn like this.
  9. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

i've been on a Community tear the last couple months. need an #AnniesMove shirt

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The only person that I will ever take stock in what they say about the movie is Harmon

RyanPm40 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

If anyone is looking for something to do this weekend...... Danny Pudi is really great in this film, and it's out today! A lot of hard work has been put into this by some great people, if it tickles your fancy you should check it out!!

12. RyanPm40

Love Danny, but I feel like that's a distractingly bad accent

13. irthesteve

I think a big part of it is that we know him from his American characters and himself as a person. The accent is true to an Indian transplant in the 1970s, and I know he based it off friends and family in his life, but i do get what you're saying overall

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

I'll be honest, I'm completely ignorant to the history so I don't want to say anything insensitive, I just have some coworkers and neighbors from India and he doesn't really sound similar, but maybe the accent has evolved since the 70s or I'm just being ignorant to the different regions of the country. I definitely wouldn't ever claim to be an expert on another race anyway. At times, I feel like I hear Inspector Spacetime in Pudi's accent in this trailer heh =p

But you do raise a very valid point, it's hard not to try and look for his American accent when we know him from so many things. I'm sure if he was some actor I'd never seen or heard of before, I would be significantly less aware of him "putting on" an accent.

15. irthesteve

I guess I'll put it this way.... the film was written, directed, and stars 90% South Asian cast, so I definitely defer to their opinions on accents more than I do as a white dude, ya know?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

Oh for sure, I'd never argue with an expert, I just thought his accent sounded differently from the rest of the cast in the trailer. I didn't realize this movie wasn't a typical Hollywood film made by a bunch of white people (thank God). I am definitely very interested in seeing the movie, I thought the trailer looked great.

irthesteve likes this.
  17. Serh Oct 9, 2017
    (Last edited: May 16, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Harmon was on The Simpsons the other day. This was fucking great

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. RyanPm40

Haha I saw that pic scrolling through Reddit after watching the Harmontown documentary tonight, so funny

19. irthesteve

so sad/true/funny

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh shit. Thread

21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Yikes

22. RyanPm40

God dammit Dan.

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

don't know how any of that comes as even the slightest surprise to anybody who's followed Dan/Community.

He's an asshole, a talented one, who needs to fucking stop the "YEAH i'm an asshole but I don't pretend I'm not so it's okay and I can probably talk my way into forgiveness by acknowledging this."

I do genuinely think he's made an effort in the last couple years to do better, but I wouldn't be shocked if more shit comes out against him

24. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

fuck

25. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It especially hurts that this happened to Megan Ganz, who seriously wrote some of the best episodes of Community and like she says, those episodes are now tainted. She’s such a talented writer and it sucks so incredibly much that she can’t look back on her earliest work with pride.

CoffeeEyes17 and mescalineeyes like this.