Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Community (NBC/Yahoo) TV Show • Page 45

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Garrett for me but I can respect that opinion. Leonard is fucking hilarious

angrycandy likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Magnitude all the way.

JRGComedy and angrycandy like this.
  3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I SAID I WILL HEAR NO OTHER OPINIONS

but y'all picked some good ones

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. manoverboard365

Trusted

It's the political showdown of the century!

angrycandy and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. RyanPm40

tenor (2).gif

chewbacca110, Henry and angrycandy like this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Watching back the series back to back instead of waiting between seasons, it's truly shocking how much stronger Season 5 is than 4, it's insane. The first 5 episodes where Troy is still there are fucking GREAT. The heart of the show is back, the emotion is back, the certain spark that Harmon brings is extremely evident. Piece's sperm funeral thing and the hot lava episode can make the darkest of hearts shed a tear. Just everything that is missing from S4, the special thing that Harmon brings to the show he created.

7. RyanPm40

Floor is Lava was such a solid replacement for a paintball episode

irthesteve and JRGComedy like this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

quoting to tell you i had that exact same avatar back on AP

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

also, it’s funny in hindsight that leonard asks “where the WHITE WOMEN at?” in the same episode that plays one of chromeo’s songs

(chromeo would later release an album called “white women”)

10. angrycandy

the concept of doing a clip show episode where all the clips are brand new is clever

not sure if Harmon was the very first to do it tho

Orla, chewbacca110 and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Clerks The Animated Series doing a clip show in episode 2 so all the clips were from episode 1 remains the best meta clip show ever imo.

The Community episode is obviously great too though. And lots of other shows have done it since then (including Harmon himself using the concept again on Rick & Morty with the "Morty's Mind-Blowers" episode).

angrycandy, RyanPm40 and Fronnyfron like this.
  12. RyanPm40

Always Sunny kinda did it in S13 too. Makes sense since Megan Ganz worked on both

angrycandy likes this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Community did it way better and I love both shows

14. RyanPm40

Yeah I agree. Honestly feels kinda cheap to me that Ganz and Harmon took ideas from Community to future projects heh, but I admittedly really enjoy those Interdimensional Cable and the Always Sunny episodes quite a bit, so I'm cool with it. May not have been intentional anyways

15. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

I wouldn't consider the interdimensional cable episodes clip shows. They don't include the main characters participating

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah the clip show of clips that didn't happen in Rick & Morty was Morty's Mind-Blowers

Interdimensional Cable 1 & 2 are literally just Justin Roiland going into the booth and improvising and then they animated it lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I believe there’s an early South Park ep where the clips weren’t brand new, but were misremembered, and so the plot devolves into an argument about the accuracy of the clips

Also, the memory parasite ep of Rick & Morty is more of a formal clip show parody than the Interdimensional Cable eps. Not just fake memories, but fake cliche memories like the Community eps

angrycandy likes this.
  18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

There’s also some misc. 30 Rock joke where they set it up like it’s going to play a clip but instead the characters just stare into space for a minute and say that they are remembering it

19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Morty’s Mind Blowers and the ep with the parasite who inserts themselves into memories are much more like the fake clip show episodes of Community

20. angrycandy

season 4 has been pretty bad imo

21. RyanPm40

Can't remember the last time that I haven't immediately skipped it into S5 haha

irthesteve and angrycandy like this.
  22. angrycandy

just got to season 5 lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

If you don't fall back in love with the show in those first 5 episodes, especially 4 and 5, I'll be shocked

angrycandy likes this.
  24. angrycandy

yeah, season 5 is way better thus far

RyanPm40, Marx&Recreation and Serh like this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

@angrycandy If you didn't already, you should seek out and watch S2E14 Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, it got removed from streaming for a brief instance of black face (that gets attention called to it on how wrong it is). It's one of the best episodes of the entire series and also pretty improtant to character development, although if you're already at S5 that won't make that much of a difference lol

uuu, chewbacca110 and angrycandy like this.