Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Community (NBC/Yahoo) TV Show • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

That Danny Pudi video is getting fucking huge lol, more people have probably seen it than Community

Orla and chewbacca110 like this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's always very difficult getting my wife to start a new show, but once we do you can't stop her. After... uh, 6? years of trying to get her to watch Community we finally started last night and ran through the first 9 episodes back to back to back

Mcrx, Joe, Fronnyfron and 2 others like this.
  4. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Girlfriend hates Community. Complains everytime I try to get her to watch it. “It’s so stupid.”

I’m returning the ring.

5. irthesteve

I know that Netflix removed Advanced Dungeons and Dragons for the blackface instance, which is debatable.... but I will say... there are far worse things that Pierce says or does throughout the first season. But yes, I understand Pierce is supposed to be unlikeable.

That being said... "Basic Genealogy" is far and away the most problematic episode I have noticed on this re-watch. The way Shirley talks to, and about, Abed's family.... big yikes. The episode is one of the few times that there are racial jokes made which are there for comedy in themselves, not because they are in poor taste.

angrycandy and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. irthesteve

The Jeff meeting his dad storyline is one of the best bright spots in season 4. Unfortunately the episode is brought down by the terrible Shawshank storyline

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. irthesteve

man, I always remember the puppet episode being the worst of the series, but I forgot how truly gawdawful it is.

Especially coming after the Sophie B Hawkins episode which is probably the best of S4

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Worst episode of the show is the return of the Germans in S4 imo but the puppet one is probably second worst

Importer/Exporter and kbeef2 like this.
  9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Germans 2 has way, way more laughs than the puppet episode (prob one of the worst episodes I've seen any of any show)

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Yeah, Germans 2 isn't good but at least there's plenty of moments throughout

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I hate that episode with a passion lol, first of all there was no reason to bring those characters back, especially if they couldn't get Nick Kroll to come back. The part I hate most though is that "emotional" ending where they clean the study room and talk about respecting the school or some shit and it feels entirely unearned

12. irthesteve

hey, I feel ya, the episode isn't good. But again, it's not the puppet episode so its not the absolute worst.

13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

the dean freestyling is maybe the best moment

Orla, RyanPm40 and Rowan5215 like this.
  14. angrycandy

was watching last night and fell asleep with it still on. woke up and Mike from Breaking Bad has replaced Pierce and they're all teachers or some shit

15. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

eh by S4 standards? I think Germans 2 is one of the better ones. there's some funny exchanges like when Jeff starts giving the inspirational "growing up, we didn't have much" speech and they all sit down and sigh. or

"you had me at ruse"
    "that was the last thing I said!"
    "good thing you said it"

like, on any other season it'd be bottom quadrant, but I'd rather put that one on than a fair cut of S4 (including the first and last eps, the puppets, and that painfully boring whale ep)

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Fully second Germans 2 being the worst episode of the series. Puppets and the graduation/paintball finale round out the bottom three.

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Can we all agree that GI Jeff and the two part finale were an awful way to end S5?

18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The end of s5 is still funny, but yeah it would have been awful thematically

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Is it wrong of me to say that season 4 feels closer spiritually to seasons 1-3 than season 6 does?

dlemert likes this.
  20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Season 4 feels closer because it’s desperately trying to emulate the first three seasons

Orla, irthesteve and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. RyanPm40 Jan 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 23, 2021)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I mean, in terms of its super bright lighting and cheery jokes, I see how the tone of S4 is more similar to the first 3 seasons. I always tell people to treat S6 like a totally different show. It's my favorite season, but I like it for different reasons than how I feel about the other seasons

Rowan5215 and Importer/Exporter like this.
  22. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I don’t think GI Jeff was a good conceit, but i do think Jeff confronting being a 40 year old working at a community college was essential to his character arc and is a big reason i like the show. Also the GI Joe cartoons figuring out they could die was funny to me.

Orla, natefoundglory and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The worst thing about the graduation episode is that it had the potential to be REALLY good, I like everything in the first half of that episode before all the stupid shit starts, but then they absolutely ruin it with the paintball stuff (I don't use this word often but I physically cringe when Abed says they "made paintball cool again"), forcing the ending to be incredibly rushed. That episode actually might be the worst example of the new showrunners entirely misinterpreting what the viewers wanted, I don't think there's a single fan that wanted the graduation episode, possibly the most important moment of the show story-wise, to be a gimmick episode

Sorry for the rants lol I have extremely strong opinions about this show

kbeef2 likes this.
  24. angrycandy

Accounting for Lawyers is a good episode

Orla likes this.
  25. angrycandy

Leonard is the best ancillary character and I will hear no other opinions

RyanPm40 likes this.