Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Community (NBC/Yahoo) TV Show • Page 42

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. brothemighty

Trusted

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this show really starts hitting its stride towards the end of season 2 doesn't it?

when do i stop watching?

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

when it ends

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Just skip season 4, otherwise it's a quality show for its entire run. Season 6 feels like a totally different show though, and it may rub you the wrong way, but I personally loved it. It's best to view it as its own thing instead of trying to draw comparisons to older seasons

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

just finished the back to back paintball episodes in season 2 and jesus... chefs kiss

chewbacca110 and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. PauLo

43% Burnt

Don’t skip season 4. It’s nowhere near the quality of the first 3 seasons, but there’s still some good stuff in there.

dlemert likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

one good episode

Orla, kbeef2 and RyanPm40 like this.
  9. dlemert

Trusted

I just finished my series rewatch last night. Season 6 may actually be my least favorite season. The increased creative freedom really makes it feel much too bloated and meandering. The saving grace is the fact that they are constantly, consciously acknowledging how much worse the show is since the season 2-3 peak.

2>3>1>5>4>6

JRGComedy likes this.
  10. PauLo

43% Burnt

I feel as if the past ten pages has just been talk between those that hate season 4 and those that think it’s ok, but can see it’s flaws.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i like some individual things about select eps in the 4th season, but it's clear to anyone that this is a dan harmon universe (much as i hate that term these days) and community is the show that he is best to pull off. i feel that guarascio and port did the best they could with someone else's brainchild, but the end result (and i'd hate to think the poor reception to s4 cost them career-wise,) at best, showed how "for hire" they really were

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

I can't think of a single good *episode* in season 4. Just some slightly less mediocre ones with good stuff sprinkled in. I still think the Halloween one might be my favorite, and there are some aspects of Freaky Friday that work very well, but others not so much.

13. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

S6 and S5 are my two favorites and they are definitely the bleakest imo

Rowan5215 and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

fixed

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’d say season one was the best. From then on it was inconsistent.

16. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

season 2 is the best in every respect. 6 is close though

chewbacca110 and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. RyanPm40

Agreed. And S3 probably has some of the best episodes this show has ever done, it's just more inconsistent as a season

18. Rowan5215

3's peaks are some of the show's peaks, but it gets way too lost in a season-long arc that isn't really that interesting and drags it down a bit. also loses sight of some of the characterisations a bit, though not nearly as badly as 4 does

JRGComedy and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, the Chang dictator stuff really brings S3 down, as much as I love a ton of episodes in that season. 2 is literally flawless imo, one of the best seasons of a comedy show of all time for me

Also, 4 is the worst one but don't skip it if you're watching the show for the first time

20. Mcrx

Regular

Catching a bit of season 1 right now. (Well, it's on in the house, but I'm actually finishing a movie so..)... But like, I wish I had time and convenience to do it all. This is such a good show!! It was the episode with Vaugn and Shirley and McHale were making fun of him. Lol And a young what's his name? ...which reminds me, I've gotta catch up on some of those...what is his name?! :/

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is an incredibly important show to me and I can't believe it started airing over a decade ago

Mcrx and chewbacca110 like this.
  22. TomG

Trusted Supporter

My wife and I just watched the whole thing during the pandemic. It’s a nice warm blanket show that’s easy to watch, even season 4 wasn’t painful though it was only ok. Any chance of this show coming back? Since I missed it during the original run I missed the cancellation/move to yahoo drama when it happened

Mcrx and Rowan5215 like this.
  23. Rowan5215

there's the lingering possibility of a movie that's seeming more and more likely, between interest in the show trending up massively after it went on Netflix and Donald Glover reconnecting with the rest of the cast after years of radio silence about the show

as far as a revival on TV, I doubt it. the show kind of ran its course and I think Harmon is too busy to head a comeback now

Mcrx likes this.
  24. Mcrx

Regular

Lol I didn't realize "Pierce you're a B" was in season 1! Yeah, I'm getting to watch some today. Season 1 is really good! Thought folks were saying it took awhile for it to get going?? Hmm

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've always said I like 1 more than 3

Mcrx and I Am Mick like this.