Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Community (NBC/Yahoo) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. 5Stories

Regular

I read that if/when they ever do a movie Donald Glover says he is definitely not coming back because he doesn't want the character to go on forever, which would be fair enough in normal circumstances but surely the main point of eventually doing a movie would be to fulfil the 'six seasons and a movie' joke/promise. I think all fans and Dan Harmon would be very pleased to see it left alone after that point.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

He said that about not coming back for the sixth season, not the movie

Last time someone asked him if he'd return to a movie he said it would depend on the script (which is show-biz talk for "maybe")

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've never seen that show and probably never will but the fact that he's had Joel McHale, Yvette Nicole Brown, Jim Rash, Danny Pudi, and now Gillian Jacobs on it is pretty awesome. Now he just needs to get Alison Brie and Donald Glover lol

FrenzalRob and irthesteve like this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yvette interviewed Donald on the Golden Globes red carpet tonight and it was awesome

"Feels like we're back in the study room"

Petit nain des Îles and Joe like this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Apparently Harmon's gonna be on Dr. Ken soon enough. Is this like the only trick that show has?

7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

There's no way Glover shows up for that.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Well no shit

9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

#sixseasonsandoneepisodeofdrken

10. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

local_corn likes this.
  11. irthesteve

Yeah we're never getting a movie

12. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

:( wahhhhhh

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd say this is funnier

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm really fine with their not being a movie. I ultimately don't want to see Community end with a weaker conclusion than the one we got from the sixth season, which is what I think would happen if they ever went through with it, even if the movie was good

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. dlemert

Trusted

This show should've stopped after season 3, honestly. Definitely went out with a whimper, not a bang. Those first three seasons are incredible though.

16. irthesteve

Having Seasons 4-6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Not having Seasons 4-6

17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Having 5 and 6 was well worth season 4 (which I still maintain was not as bad as most make it out to be despite obviously being the weakest overall).

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

Though season 4 is the weakest season, its definitely not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. The puppet episode and the hero origins episodes were both excellent.

19. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Season four has some gems... Economics of Marine Biology, Herstory of Dance and Basic Human Anatomy are solid IMO.

But that puppet episode is a low point in the series.

20. Dodge725

Trusted

The worst part of that puppet episode is the line asking where Professor Duncan went that comes from out of nowhere and has no bearing on the story. It's such a poor attempt at meta humor and shows just how much the writers didn't get the show at that time.

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

People don't like the puppet episode? Maybe it's cuz I'm obsessed with Sara Bareilles...

22. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I saw a quote once somewhere that was something along the lines of:

"Moses Port and David Guarascio gave us the Community they thought we wanted, Dan Harmon gave us the Community we didn't know we needed."

Season 4 was a mess. While Herstory Of Dance is a highlight episode, and the closest to Harmon's Community there is in the season, the rest of the episodes lacked, and didn't have that 'broken people coming together' Harmon touch that the rest of the series has. Season 4 was very fan-servicey, and it didn't work.

I'd love a movie, but what everyone's saying is correct. It has to bookend 'Community' better than the season 6 finale did.

local_corn likes this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I just really wish we got some sort of closure with Troy. Even just show like a news story with a picture of him on the TV reporting on him sailing the world and getting super rich and then blowing it all on something dumb or something (or maybe deciding to stay somewhere in the world that's funny for his character? I'm not a comedy writer lol)

Really the finale is perfect as it is, just a tiny complaint I have

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I have complete faith that if they decided to do a movie (hopefully set around a Greendale reunion) somewhere down the line it would be excellent.

local_corn likes this.
  25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Doing another rewatch and I somehow never noticed this small joke, had me crying last night :crylaugh: