Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Community (NBC/Yahoo) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Why the hell didn't this have a thread already guys

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

because it's OVER, it's done!

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

#andamovie

4. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I have such mixed feelings for this show. I adore some of the early seasons, especially 2 and 3. "Remedial Chaos Theory" is one of the most impressively structured episodes of television I've seen, and I don't think I've watched any one episode of television more times than "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons." But by the time the last season on Yahoo rolled around, it was like I was watching a different show - it didn't resonate or interest me at all. Which was especially weird because I enjoyed the previous season a lot, at least as much as season 1 and probably almost as much as 2 or 3. Weird.

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

LMAO Joel McHale has been cast as Chevy Chase in the National Lampoon biopic that David Wain is making

6. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I really hope a movie comes from this. I don't know what they would do, but I do hope it happens and that it's absolutely ridiculous. I think a movie where they go search for Troy would be great.

7. bencoles

GLOW ON

Watched some Season 1 the other day on Netflix because it had been a while - jokes still land. Might be time for a marathon, all but given up on a movie.

8. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I wouldn't give up just yet. Harmon said just this past December that it will probably be a couple years down the road at least because he wants to give everyone the time to enjoy their burgeoning careers and he also wants everyone to be able to be involved. I imagine it will be quite a while.

9. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Watched most of S2 last night, show holds up ridiculously well. The later stuff lost me 100% I never went back after Harmon got fired the first time. It's better he has more time to devote to Rick and Morty, that show is the best thing he's ever done.

nl5011 likes this.
  10. season 2 is one of the best seasons of television ever created. there's a special part in my heart for s1 through s3 though. I need to rewatch s5 and s6 because I've only seen them once each. maybe I'll even force myself to watch s4 again.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Almost made a thread for this. Paradigms of Human Memory may be one of my favorite episodes of any show

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

I can see the movie being about them returning to Greendale for their 10 year college reunion.

mrgenious likes this.
  13. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

That would actually be super interesting. I fucking love how they dealt with Jeff coming to terms with everyone going their own ways. That was probably the most heartfelt closure the series could actually get at this point. As a great as a movie about the search for Troy would be, that's unrealistic. They can't spend the movie away from Greendale. Troy needs to be there from around the start of any movie.

I think I agree though with giving it a couple years. Could you imagine how much more satisfying and nostalgic it would feel like 4 or 5 years from now? Including Donald Glover, Yvette Nicole Brown, CHEVY CHASE, John Oliver, Jonathan Banks, Keith David, and of course the wonderful Paget Brewster. Would absolutely be worth the wait.

14. I would absolutely love this.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I miss this show a lot

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This show was so great.

Leonard likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Eventually we'll get a movie according to Dan

kbeef2, Serh and lish like this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Well alright!

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Cool! Right after Arrested Development season 5 and the Deadwood movie!

(I'd actually think this has a much stronger possibility of happening than either of the above. The big question would be how many cast members they could get for it.)

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hopefully no less than when they left off with

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

just Magnitude and Leonard

chewbacca110 likes this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Nice to actually hear Dan say it for once instead of cast members.

As time continues to pass though I find it harder and harder to believe Donald will come back though

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious