Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Common - Let Love (August 30, 2019)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by The Lucky Moose, Sep 3, 2019.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

A little late, but this album deserves a thread.

The music on the album by pianist Samora Pinderhughes, bass player Burnis Travis and Karriem Riggins as drummer/producer. As you can hear from the song below, they’re a beautiful combination. Also there’s a Dilla beat.

Guests, among others, are Daniel Ceasar, Leikeli47, BJ The Chicago Kid and Jill Scott

As far as Common himself is concerned, he's still a great rapper that has a lot to say. His rapping is more playful on this one than on his last few albums.

Overall I would go as far as to say that this is his best album since Be.

Aregala likes this.
  2. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

I gotta give this a listen. Common albums are usually a solid listen, save for UMC. Best since Be has me excited for sure.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I haven’t listened to some post-Be albums in a while to be fair and I was a big fan of some of them, but I do think it’s probably true. It helps that it is very cohesive.

mike1885 likes this.
  4. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

production on this is stunning

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Everything after Be has been pretty underwhelming for me.

6. The Lucky Moose

To be fair Be is one of the best albums of its decade. But I personally think Finding Forever, The Dreamer/The Believer and Black America Again are all good to great albums. So is the August Greene album.

7. The Lucky Moose

Yeah it's crazy. This would easily hold up as an instrumental album.

8. The Lucky Moose