Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coming 2 America (Craig Brewer, March 5,2021) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Oh I feel the opposite. I might have liked it more had I not grown up on and loved the original.

2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

This suffers from the same issues a lot of comedy sequels made wayyyyy after the fact suffer from. Too much time has passed for it to feel connected to the original, which is a shame because this wasn’t half bad. Just feels, off.

Dan Quinlan and chewbacca110 like this.
  3. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I thought this was fun enough. Not essential by any means but honestly didn’t retread the first as much as I’d feared and had some good bits of its own

Zilla likes this.
  4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Wtf

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

This was ok. The cast definitely enjoyed themselves, which was enjoyable to watch. Wesley Snipes was a blast.
    Explains why he was in the movie.

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This was just okay. I didn’t expect it to blow my mind but I wanted it to since the original is just so good. The heart of this was an interesting move and I give it credit, but it simply wasn’t that interesting all said and done. The first 30 minutes or so were fun then it becomes tired rom-com schlock with references to the first film.

7. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

the product placement in this was so bad

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Most of the way through this now and some of the plot and such is very convoluted and/or rushed, but I'm enjoying it still. Lol at the Mutombo cameo

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Also lol at the credits and John Legend.

Definitely agree with what everyone else has said. Worth the watch if you love the original. Not a great story in terms of how rushed it is, but it's fun to be with some of these characters again, and most of the new characters are fun too.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum