Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coming 2 America (Craig Brewer, March 5,2021) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 22, 2020.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Dec 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 22, 2020)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Here’s Amazon’s official synopsis: “Set in the lush and royal country of Zamunda, newly-crowned King Akeem (Eddie Murphy) and his trusted confidante Semmi (Arsenio Hall) embark on an all-new hilarious adventure that has them traversing the globe from their great African nation to the borough of Queens, New York – where it all began It follows Akeem as he returns to New York City in a quest to reunite with his long-lost son (Jermaine Fowler), a Queens native whom Akeem must groom to be the next crown prince of Zamunda. .”
    “Original cast favorites from Coming to America return including King Jaffe Joffer (James Earl Jones), Queen Lisa (Shari Headley), Cleo McDowell (John Amos), Maurice (Louie Anderson) and the motley barbershop crew. Joining this star-studded ensemble are Wesley Snipes, Leslie Jones, Tracy Morgan, Bella Murphy, Rotimi, KiKi Layne, Nomzamo Mbatha and Teyana Taylor, making ‘Coming 2 America’ the most anticipated comedy film of the year.”

David87 likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

cautiously optimistic.

David87 likes this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

^^^^^What Henry said. I'm so excited and at the same time trying to just keep it to cautiously optimisitc haha

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

ok

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Looks great

6. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I love this Eddie Murphy career revival.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I cannot wait

8. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I kept wondering why there were a thousand promotions for Amazon getting Coming to America and then someone pointed out it was a sequel which was emphasized by the changing “to” to “2” which my brain just failed to pick up on.

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

first movie’s now on prime

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That's crazy.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Despite that, looks like a fun time.

14. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

As far as long-gestating sequels go, this looks pretty good.

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was a fun time. It’s very much a “reunion tour” movie, with the biggest laughs coming from the callbacks. But it maintains the originals sweetness and doesn’t completely fall on its ass like “Dumb and Dumber To” or “Zoolander 2.”

Minus Wesley Snipes, who is great, the new characters are pretty bland. But it’s a good time if you enjoy the original. And weirdly, almost suitable for the whole family.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

very much looking forward to giving this a watch this weekend. i hope the original is on Prime as well so I can do a double-feature.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

it is

18. I've never seen the original but want to watch this

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

53% on RT
    51 on Metacritic

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

on prime right now

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

it’s halfway decent. if you ever loved the first, this will make you think “hey, that’s cool” but it’s nothing i’d suggest rewatching. it’s the kind of movie that was plainly more fun to make than it is to watch

Zilla likes this.
  22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

You pretty much need to see the original because these are a lot of the same jokes, just done not quite as well.

Why Bother? likes this.
  23. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Ive heard more bad than good on this. :/

24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Kiki layne is the best - hoping for big things

25. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I thought this was fine, feel like I might have liked it more if I grew up with the first instead of seeing it for the first time last week