Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 447

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I'm wondering if it would've felt differently for me if I was reading this issue to issue as it was released instead of just plowing through the collected editions. Still gonna check out the show though and absolutely loved the art so good call!

Tim likes this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Is Pat Kindlon's book with Image any good?

3. Frontiersman? I picked it up and enjoyed the first issue or two a couple of months ago but never finished the trade. If you're not familiar with his other work, I'd check out Nobody Is in Control first. That hooked me on his writing and what he's going for. From his newsletter, it sounds like he's being a bit more experimental and playing with structure/form of superhero comics, so I'm excited to follow Antioch and the rest of the series as his universe grows.

phaynes12 likes this.
  4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah i meant frontiersman, and cool, ill check that out too

5. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Loving the new Detective Comics team of Ram V and Rafael Albuquerque. Great first issue and it seems to be setting up a lot (and bringing back something I liked that I was afraid would be forgotten Barbatos

Nick likes this.
  6. Meerkat

Great ending to Mat Groom’s Mighty Morphin run. He brought out everything I think the comics can add to these characters. This panel punched me in the face this morning
    0CF1A18B-B5A1-4935-8328-F2E8B0DBDC12.png

7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Was definitely interested in this. Decided to go with Batman by Chip instead

Vivatoto likes this.
  8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

New Champion of Shazam! #1 by Josie Campbell & Evan “Doc” Shaner is absolutely fucking delightful, y’all. If you’re a fan of superhero comics, don’t sleep on this 4-issue miniseries.

The intro got me emotionally invested immediately (though I’m an easy target for heartfelt adoption/fostering stuff), the Shaner art was gorgeous, the gags landed quite well… It’s just a total package. Excited to see where the other three issues go.

Meerkat likes this.
  9. Colby Searcy

Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters is a pure delight.

Anybody else reading it?

Tim likes this.
  10. Tim

Love seeing someone else post about the Samnees’ Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters. Such an absolutely delightful series.

Sounds like the upcoming issue 12 is the end of the series (unless they eventually do a season 2 or something?); hopefully all 12 issues get collected in a nice collection that wins over a bunch of people who haven’t checked it out yet.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

I love how little dialogue there is but the art speaks volumes about the story

Tim likes this.
  12. Tim

The current Poison Ivy “miniseries” by G. Willow Wilson is getting a second arc! So excited about this.

SpyKi, Nick, blast0rama and 1 other person like this.
  13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yesssss

14. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Survival Street #1 was a lot of fun. Could see it getting bogged down a bit too much in the satire, but very excited to see where they go with it. I’d be shocked if it doesn’t get optioned by someone for a show or movie immediately.

15. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Trying to get back into reading comics. Haven't really read anything new in close to a decade. I think the last TPB i bought was the first volume of Saga when it first came out, and i've long lost it.

I just spent close to $250 for all three invincible Compendium volumes and all 9 volumes of Saga. That should last me awhile.

SpyKi and Colby Searcy like this.
  16. Colby Searcy

Are you interested in buying monthly or mostly TBP?

17. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

TPB for now

Also I just found my TWO old volumes of Saga. Now i feel like i could have bought just volumes 3-9 for cheaper than the 90 something bucks i paid for the box set.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

If you're looking for something different, check out Stray Dogs

19. Aside from ATLA/TLOK and a few Adventure Time and DC I think most of my collection is standalone novels so far. I really want to get the Life is Strange ones for more Max and Chloe content, though.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Finally read ASM #900. Uh I’m really not enjoying this run. For all Spencer’s faults I enjoyed his Peter. This? I don’t like Peter or Spidey.

21. Colby Searcy

Almost completely caught up on Crossover. I see there hasn't been an issue since May, I'm guessing that means 13 is the final issue besides the reprint of #1 in 3D or whatever

22. Colby Searcy

Finished Crossover and loved it although I do think it drug a little at the end.

23. Tim

66F0A007-4CB4-4A89-A9CF-7DF8C2AE9580.jpeg

Magik having a literal magical girl transformation in the latest issue of New Mutants is just… *chef’s kiss*

Vita Ayala & Rod Reis really are a dream team. I’m looking forward to the guest creative team in a few issues, but I hope Ayala & Reis have at least one more full arc of this series in them afterwards. (And… honestly wouldn’t mind them doing a little creator-owned collaboration some day?)

When all’s said and done, I think this is gonna be my favorite ongoing X-title since Morrison’s New X-Men. Though, I’m admittedly biased as a big fan of the classic New Mutants!

Henry and Oddpac87 like this.
  24. Meerkat

Anyone pick up Ms Marvel and Moon Knight?

25. Tim

I did not yet, but it looked nice when I flipped through it. Jody Houser Marvel book I read (the last couple arcs of ASM: Renew Your Vows).

The first of this trilogy of one-shots (which I also haven’t read yet), Ms Marvel & Wolverine, had appearances from other X-Men too, if you missed that one. I have the upcoming third one, Ms Marvel & Venom, on order at the shop because it has a very nice Walt Simonson cover.

Meerkat likes this.