Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 445

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Dodge725

Trusted

The Tom Taylor Nightwing has been great minus the few issues it gets distracted by Fear State. The art is awesome.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Got this in my pull box, though I probably won’t make it to the shop ‘til the weekend. Haven’t been this excited for a new Image #1 in a long time.

3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Haven't popped in here in a minute. I've spent like 5 years waffling back and forth dipping my toes into comics and this year I've finally really gotten into a rhythm with it.

Actively keeping up with all the Power Ranger books. I'm mostly really happy with how they're expanding the lore, especially of Jason/Zack/Trini and the In Space rangers. Was hoping Mat Groom would be taking over after Ryan Parrott leaves but it sounds like he's also leaving. Curious but trying to stay optimistic about whatever is coming after the race to 100 ends.

Just wrapped up the Edmondson Black Widow run and loved it. Just started All-New Wolverine and enjoying that as well. Also stoked on The Variants, especially with that ending Gail Simone planted.

Also trying to get caught up on the MassiveVerse books. I've read Radiant Black volumes 1 and 2 so I'm at the SuperMassive event and then have to get up to date on RB, Radiant Red, and Rogue Sun. I'm not totally sure how I feel about it yet but Kyle Higgins has assembled a team of writers I love so it's hard for me to imagine it won't click for me once I get through the event.

atticusfinch, Tim and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. Tim

If you’re a digital reader and you haven’t read Love and Rockets by Los Bros Hernandez before, there’s not a better time to dive in.

I’ve never gotten all that into Gilbert’s stuff, tbh, but Jaime Hernandez is easily my favorite living cartoonist. Absolutely brilliant artist and storyteller.

Deanna likes this.
  5. Tim

Amazing Spider-Man #899 (or #5, if you believe the cover), the last issue of the first arc by Zeb Wells and John Romita Jr… was great. This whole arc was excellent. I seriously cannot get over how much I love this series. Just… hoping that stupid goblin costume Gleason designed for an upcoming arc is short lived, ‘cause what’s come so far is the best ASM arc in over a decade.

Also loved Poison Ivy #2 by G. Willow Wilson and Marcio Takara. Poison Ivy has really settled in as my actual favorite DC character. Wilson is killing it, and Takara has seriously leveled up his art. When this miniseries is done, everyone who likes any DC is gonna have to pick up this trade.

ghostedaway likes this.
  6. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I've only read bits and pieces of it from Scans_Daily, but what Tombstone did is absolutely awesome and brilliant.

7. Meerkat

Almost picked up the first issue last week, glad to hear it’s good

Tim likes this.
  8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah, I'm absolutely loving Poison Ivy so far.

Tim likes this.
  9. Tim

I’m buying two DC miniseries in single issues this year. One, as I said the other day, is Poison Ivy; the other is this Shazam! mini launching next month, centered on Mary.

I love Doc Shaner’s art in general and especially love the Convergence: Shazam! two-issue mini he did with Jeff Parker. Probably the best modern Shazam! comic, tbh! And, this one is being written by Josie Campbell, who worked on the She-Ra animated series.

D266C457-CCDB-4BE2-9EB1-D0B48B489777.jpeg
    F5AEFD83-F14C-470F-BDF0-814AD931E954.jpeg

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  10. Dodge725

Trusted

I’m excited for that series too since it’s always felt like Mary was severely underutilized. The only time I can think of her being relevant recently was before Final Crisis when she became one of Darkseid’s furies and Multiversity, where it wasn’t even Prime Earth Shazam family.

11. Meerkat

Never read any Shazam! but that looks really exciting and fun

12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

@Tim did you pick up Chip Batman? I know how big of a fan you are

13. Tim

No, I flipped through it and thought it looked great, but I just can’t commit to spending $5 a month on Batman. Especially when a few other current & upcoming ongoing Bat-books also look tempting. It’s too big a trap for my monthly budget!

I’m getting my Chip fix right now via his Image books Public Domain and Newburn (the latter which I need to catch up on, lol). (And, also through the Mangasplaining podcast.) But, if his Batman ends up being as good as I expect, I’m sure I’ll get the trades eventually.

Did you check it out yet? I know you’re more of a Batman person on average than I am.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Just finished it a little bit ago.im not sure I completely understand what is going on as I haven't been caught up on Bat Universe in a while but I definitely liked it and am intrigued by the story. The Catwoman backup definitely has my interest after that cliffhanger ending.

I'm not caught up yet but I think I've come to the Spidey side and fully onboard the Zeb Wells and Dan Slott Spidey train.

Tim likes this.
  15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

[​IMG]

Has anyone else read this? Really fun one. Basically Mean Girls with werewolves in it haha. Has nice queer representation as well.

16. I found this on the street one day and picked it up based on the cover alone. Now I'm even more excited to read it. Glad you enjoyed it!

ghostedaway likes this.
  17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Wait, someone just left it on the ground? lol

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Is that another way to say you physically went to the store?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

I was picturing like a newspaper stand on the street like you see in old movies

atticusfinch likes this.
  20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That's probably it haha

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Yes, along with a few other ones including Nimona, which is what originally caught my eye. People often leave stuff on the street for other people to take. One person's trash is another's treasure!

There are actually various stooping Instagram accounts for furniture, clothing, and more around the city. Maybe it's an NYC thing? Idk

Colby Searcy and ghostedaway like this.
  22. wait whaaaat

Colby Searcy likes this.
  23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Damn, that sounds super awesome.

RyanPm40 and Colby Searcy like this.
  24. Tim

18DD9F94-9D7A-484C-94CA-BEAA43D74F26.jpeg

A3C49A2B-F00E-4D5F-B666-DB5D947C241E.jpeg

This X-Terminators miniseries by Leah Williams and Carlos Gómez looks like it’s gonna be so much fun.

25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I can't wait for that