Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 418

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

After looking through the most recent DC solicits for May 2021 books...DC is REALLY pushing the Dark Knight moniker aren't they? My goodness

2. Colby Searcy

@Vivatoto what did you think of Nailbiter Returns finale?

3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Just read it about an hour ago. A little anticlimactic the attack on Portland mainly went out with a whimper but I am glad to see that it's going to come back eventually!

Some great art though, Like Warren hitting Penny with the necklace of eyes

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Colby Searcy

yeah the whole Portland terrorist threat plot seemed pointless...at least in Returns. Seems like it'll be a plot point for Son of Nailbiter since alot of the tainted blood ran into the sewer, so I'm interested to see where that goes. Wonder how many other "kids" Warren has, he seems awfully fertile haha.

Definitely hope we get Son of Nailbiter within the next year or so!

Vivatoto likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

wasn't expecting this today

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This putting so much emphasis on Frank Quitely's art is awesome.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  7. Tim

I think it’s pretty funny that this tweet buried the lede of Tom King writing. It’s like someone with a say in this account’s tweets knew much of comics Twitter wouldn’t be happy about this. Dope artist choice, but you’d think they could’ve found a more fitting writer for this character, lol.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  8. Furry Werthers

Trusted

-____-

Page One, Kara walks inside her home to find the mutilated remains of Krypto. Before she can take in the moment, Brainiac-5 arrives from the future - he's here to arrest Krypto's murderer, and it's Kara!...or is it...?

Kingjohn_654 and scottlechowicz like this.
  9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I’m excited for sad dad Kara

10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

This cover is breathtaking

Attached Files:

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That new Tony Daniels / Scott Snyder book looks up my alley.

Colby Searcy and Vivatoto like this.
  12. Colby Searcy

I like both of those dudes alot but I think I'll wait on that one

13. Tim

I've never really gotten into Scott Snyder's stuff, but I've got the first issue of Nocterra in my box at the shop. (Been on a roughly every other week streak lately on grabbing my pull, so I'll grab that & Demon Days next week.) Not planning on keeping up monthly, but it does look like it could be pretty cool.

14. bodkins

Trusted

I really enjoyed the first issue of Nocterra. Plan to re-read soon to really digest everything.

15. Tim

I mostly think this whole Heroes Reborn event is a dumb, overblown DC Comics homage (spinning out of a weird Avengers run that I don't think many people care about?) with some bad ideas & no women. A couple decent creators & ideas in the mix, but mostly something I'm happy to ignore.

Dan Jurgens drawing (seemingly) a full Marvel comic in 2021, though? That's... if nothing else, interesting.

16. Tim

Oh hey, another intriguing one-shot has snuck into the Heroes Reborn mix, & this one’s not written by a dude! Love that it’s basically “what if Gwen Stacy were Batgirl,” lol.

Nick and Furry Werthers like this.
  17. Furry Werthers

Trusted

This just makes me miss the Amaglam Universe lol

18. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Pretty late to this but I’ve been keeping up with all of it and really enjoying it. I’ve liked all of the one shots and limited runs they’ve done as well

19. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Are you caught all the way up, or still working there? I don't wanna spoil anything.

20. Meerkat

Yeah I’m completely caught up, just counting down to the Astronema book

21. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I really like their choice for the new Green Ranger, felt totally organic even though he's a character exclusive to the comicsverse.

I also was impressed with how the jumping timelines worked when GGPR and MMPR were crossing over - even though they were in two time periods, it never really got confusing from a narrative perspective.

I'm kind of hoping they make Kimberly into the blue Omega Ranger whenever Kat turns up lol

Meerkat likes this.
  22. Meerkat

Yeah I like it a lot! Wasn’t surprised by it or anything but I think it’s narratively interesting. I liked the angle in GGPR of them being a group of 6 friends and one wasn’t chosen to be a Ranger. I’m excited to see it play out and also really love the suit design.

Definitely curious about how they’re going to handle Kim and Kat and what they’ll do with Billy and Jason if they ever move into Zeo territory. Would also be a real sucker for a “what if” type series that explores Billy ending up as the gold Zeo Ranger. Also would love to see them do some fun one shots with like grab bag teams? Like an all yellow story or even pulling characters from each dinosaur based series. There’s so much lore to pull from and I thought both Shattered Grid and Beyond The Grid did a good job mining it.

23. Furry Werthers

Trusted

To be honest, I get a little lost when they crossover outside of the MMPW world, cause I watched the hell out of that show up until... somewhere in Zeo? Turbo? I can't remember, but my heyday was up until Kat's introduction, and past that, I know pretty much nothin - but they've been really good at fleshing out worlds, so if they wanted to do miniseries or something to introduce new readers (to those seasons) like me and *then* crossover I'd be 100% on board. Shattered Grid was awesome, but I definitely felt like the writers expected I knew who all the other non-MMPR characters were.

Is it bad that I kind of hope for the Boomiverse or whatever this is called that they redesign the Rangers costumes to look a bit more like the new Green Rangers? I love that look lol

24. Meerkat

I watched the entire series last year (my friend calculated the time and it amounts to 2 months of a 9-5 job) so if you have any questions definitely reach out, it’s all super fresh for me. Doesn’t help that they just pulled pretty much everything off Netflix and are very slowly rolling it out to YouTube.
    I think my favorite of the comic suits are either the Ranger Sentries or the suit redesign from the Kimberly limited series with all the pink accents

25. Tim

This popped up in my YouTube recs (occasionally they aren't completely cursed!) & is a good look at comic storytelling: