Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 405

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Pardon the triple post (what’s new, though, right?), but just saw this on Twitter, which is very relevant to some of y’all’s interests.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  2. Furry Werthers

Trusted

My man writing one of my favorite characters? Yes plz!

3. Tim

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. Tim

I’ve never been on the Scott Snyder hype train, but I am kinda curious about this one. Sounds fun.

atticusfinch and Colby Searcy like this.
  5. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Don't know anything about this other than it was on Kickstarter at one point but love Daniel's art a whole lot

6. Tim

Has DC finally completely abandoned double-shipping? Are they fully committing to old school monthly schedules going forward?

Is there a chance Marvel could someday follow suit & stop pumping out like 30 issues of Amazing Spider-Man a year (at least once recently literally releasing two issues on the same day)!?

Vivatoto likes this.
  7. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Tynion's run has been great but the biggest drawback is having like 4/5 artists on the most recent issues (and not for any artistic reason). So hopefully less of that going forward!

Tim likes this.
  8. Tim

Oh my gosh, Peach Momoko is doing actual interior comics work for Marvel (& writing it)! Dope.

9. Dodge725

Trusted

I haven’t been a big fan the new Batman run so far. To me it’s been a lot of things that have been done before and the only major difference is he’s creating new characters that serve very similar roles to previous ones to tell them. Punchline is a less interesting Harley, Clownhunter is a less interesting Jason Todd, Batman loses all his money again, Joker takes control of the city like in Endgame. The most interesting aspect is loss of Alfred, but even that was King who did that. I was really hoping to like it more because his Detective Comics run was great, though maybe next year when he gets the chance to plan a longer story and maybe not have to do another big crossover it will hit its stride more for me.

10. Colby Searcy

Starting Batman Rebirth today. Besides Flash what else from Rebirth is worth checking out?? Heard good things about Green Arrow back when it was releasing but nothing much since

11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The Rebirth era started incredibly strong imo. I heavily enjoyed

- Green Arrow Rebirth for the first few arcs
    - Detective Comics Rebirth
    - All Star Batman
    - Nightwing Rebirth
    - Titans Rebirth
    - Aquaman Rebirth
    - Green Lanterns
    - Hal Jordan Rebirth

and I cannot recommend enough Superman Rebirth and Super Sons. Actually made me a Superman fan. I’m still so salty over what Bendis did to Jonathan Kent after taking over from Jurgens.

12. Vivatoto Dec 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 19, 2020)
    Vivatoto

Green Arrow is fun, best at the beginning. Justice League Odyssey is a really incredible adventure. Green LanternS is a great run. Birds of Prey. Detective Comics. Heroes in Crisis. Justice League beginning with No Justice. Justice League Vs Suicide Squad. Tom Taylor’s fairly short Suicide Squad run. DCeased (all of it). Batwoman is incredible and short. Mister Miracle. Joelle Jones’ run on Catwoman (first like 12 issues or so). Justice League Dark. Doomsday Clock. Shazam (unbelievable art).

obviously not all from the start of Rebirth but all of them are at least after.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. Tim

I initially loved Tomasi’s Superman, especially coming off that New 52 era that was mostly awful for the character, but I feel like it lost its steam & had run its course by the time Bendis came in. Not sure how much of that was the fault of double shipping, but yeah.

I’ve got such conflicted feelings on the Jonathan stuff ‘cause, on the one hand, Clark as the dad of a younger son is a pretty great dynamic (plus, his friendship with Damian was fun), but on the other hand, I think Superman’s son being the Legion’s Superboy is a great choice. Maybe Bendis should’ve just let young Jonathan stay & then, ‘cause Legion is the future anyways, have an older version join that book?

14. Vivatoto

I think I recall liking Action Comics more than Superman but they were all wonderful. I also adore Bendis’ run.

15. Tim

Speaking of Bendis, I’m super curious what his reunion with David Marquez on Justice League gives us.

My eyes glaze over when I look at most of Bendis’ Avengers stuff, & also most modern Justice League, but my gosh do I love Marquez. His big superhero stuff looks cool enough that I didn’t even regret buying Civil War 2, in spite of it being yet enough dumb “hey let’s have superheroes fight each other ‘cause reasons” comic; he made it one of the best looking ones I’ve seen. Just sad that Justin Ponsor isn’t around anymore to color him, though the Tamra Bonvillain choice is a really good one.

SpyKi likes this.
  16. Colby Searcy

Thank y'all, I have my work cut out for me!

I still need to read/re-read Aquaman, Detective, and Flash from N52

17. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I keep waiting for someone to reverse what Bendis did with Jonathan and age him back down so he's not just Connor 2.0 -__-

18. Vivatoto

Passed by my collection and noticed I forgot how great Greg Rucka’s Wonder Woman was, and the 24 issue Wildstorm epic, though that doesn’t take place in the DC universe, it’s a really incredible story.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

I was interested in the WW Year One because Nicola Scott is incredible. How was that? How long did Rucka's run last?

20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Especially dumb because Bendis is the one who brought Connor back too.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  21. Vivatoto

Very good. I think it was like 22 issues or something? Maybe he made it to 25. It was a little different to read as it was coming out because if I recall correctly there were dueling storylines.

22. Tim

23. Tim

I love both artists but didn’t know this about either of ‘em, though it seems pretty obvious in retrospect, lol.

24. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Extremely high hopes for this

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. Tim

March is gonna be a pretty good Marvel month for me.

Got the Demon Days: X-Men comics by Peach Momoko I posted about the other day...

58819370-A5FA-4DD3-8A36-93F69E154F42.jpeg

...plus, Carnage: Black, White, & Blood, a new anthology miniseries with a limited color palette (like the current Wolverine: Black, White, & Blood series). Sara Pichelli is one of the artists on the first issue, & Donny Cates is one of the writers.

Plus, the new Silk miniseries launching.

On a less appealing note, apparently Nick Spencer’s lame Amazing Spider-Man run is gonna give Spidey a new costume, which they’re not revealing yet. Most alternative Spidey costumes rule, so many this will be cool, too... but, since I don’t like that title right now, I’m gonna be cynical about this ‘til I see it, lol.

bodkins likes this.