Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 402

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

"I know that risking everything we've built for a few lives doesn't work for all of you. I understand you don't have the luxury of thinking that way. I really do. But hearing you say it out loud... tasting it in my mouth... I find it unacceptable. So I do not accept it. You formed the Quiet Council to be the government of Krakoa. Well... the X-Men are its heroes. And we will save those who need saving. Whatever the cost."

Now that's someone who gets Cyclops writing Cyclops if I've ever seen it. Also interesting that they (finally) formally addressed Cyclops not fully being on board with what Xavier and Magneto are doing with Krakoa (it had only really been hinted at before) and the X-Men not really being a thing in DoX. Wonder if the ending here is gonna be the turning point on that

Dodge725 likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

lulz.

Henry and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

OMG I wanna see that now

4. Tim

SpyKi and bodkins like this.
  5. Tim

6. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

100% yes. Thank you for posting this. I read the entire thing tonight, and it’s the best story in the DCU I can remember in quite a long time.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Can someone post a list of comic book artists on instagram?

8. bodkins

Trusted

Just finished Undiscovered Country #2 and I’m hella intrigued. Gonna probably read through all the rest this week.

Also really loving Fire Power. I had gone through the five issues and read the prelude today. I’m really enjoying all of it.

9. Tim

Any of y’all dorks reading Tom King’s Bat/Cat?

I’ve settled on waiting for the collection, partly because I want it on my shelf eventually by my other King trades & partly because I can’t sink $60 into another monthly series that might not stick the landing. But, since Bruce & Selena’s relationship was the highlight of King’s Batman, I’m super curious about it.

Flipped through some pages on a questionable website. Kinda wish Clay Mann (who feels like a poor man’s Olivier Coipel/Nic Klein to me) weren’t drawing it.

10. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Been re-reading Matt Fraction’s Hawkeye run and it’s really hitting the spot. Also really loved the Power Rangers Time Force one shot Sins of the Future. Checked all the boxes for me

Tim likes this.
  11. Tim

When the Power Rangers comics became a big hit, one of my first thoughts was whether or not you were reading ‘em. I mostly haven’t yet, since my Ranger fandom is way more casual & nostalgia-driven, but there have been a few comics that’ve look pretty cool to me.

Meerkat likes this.
  12. Meerkat

I really liked the main series' that kicked everything off, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Go Go Power Rangers. I think they balanced having a fun tone that feels like Power Rangers while also getting a little more mature. Definitely suffer from Tommy-itis but that's a general franchise problem. I liked both the Shattered Grid event and Beyond the Grid. And I've really enjoyed all the one shots. Feels like a great way to get people excited about past teams. Hoping they do some other team-up type stories, even just as one shots. Both GGPR and MMPR have ended but I like the start both Mighty Morphin and Power Rangers has gotten off to. A lot of long time fans think the comics are trying too hard to be "edgy" and missing the mark but I strongly disagree

13. Meerkat

Edit: hit post too soon but definitely think you'd enjoy Sins of the Future if you liked the Time Force season. The comics in general really get how bad ass Jen Scotts is.

14. bodkins

Trusted

I checked out and also enjoyed MM and PR both.

Meerkat likes this.
  15. Tim

My Power Rangers nostalgia ends at... In Space? Maybe a little Lost Galaxy? So, a little shy of Time Force.

I’d like to give the Pink Ranger miniseries a shot eventually, since it’s written by Kelly Thompson & Brenden Fletcher. Go Go Power Rangers looks cool, too, since it’s the original cast as drawn by Dan Mora. And, I like that Tom Taylor wrote a crossover with Justice League.

Every time I almost check ‘em out... I just get distracted by another comic whim, lol. But, they’ve definitely been on my list for a while.

16. Tim

Speaking of Power Rangers, though, still very interested in this upcoming creator-owned title in that same vein:

bodkins and Meerkat like this.
  17. Meerkat

I’m really excited to see where they go with the Omega Rangers. Feel like there’s a great opportunity to bring in some other rangers as that run goes on

I liked the Pink Ranger series quite a bit! If you remember the Psycho Rangers, then The Psycho Path should be super appealing. I really liked the art in Go Go and loved their take on the early juggles of having to keep their identities secret and such

bodkins and Tim like this.
  18. Tim

I forgot about the Psycho Rangers until this moment but definitely thought they were just the coolest as a kid, lol. So, yeah, I’ll have to check that out at some point.

Meerkat likes this.
  19. bodkins

Trusted

Just added this to my pull. Cant wait

Tim likes this.
  20. Meerkat

I’m still a bit salty that it’s really just Karone and Andros but it’s really good, I think you’ll like it!

Tim likes this.
  21. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I know I've said it before but I find Tom King's writing style to just be so insufferable.

22. Tim

Bat/Cat?

23. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Mostly, yup, that's the most glaring one, but I checked out Adam Strange's book he's doing too and it's like... I can't even properly define what I don't like about it, it just bothers me. I know he likes to fill in pieces as the story goes, but to me it just feels like you're always only getting half a story or just a disjointed mess.

24. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I just finished it. First issue felt pretty indulgent trying to seamlessly use multiple timelines between panels and it mostly just felt kinda messy. The more current day parts with Bat and Cat definitely hit me the same way his arc with Selina went in the main series though. Idk. I’m kinda more nervous about how this pans out now, not only because I did think his original bat/cat arc was pretty special, but because the Phantasm movie is one of my favorite Bat stories, ever. Period. There wasn’t enough there with that to really know either way how that’s gonna go, some juicy implications I guess, but I’m worried it might all get drowned out by a bunch of high concept shit that I’m not sure I’m going to dig if it drags out like this another 11 issues.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  25. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess while on the subject of King, I haven’t dived into Strange Adventures yet because I’m poor and waiting on the collection. But a friend lent me his Amazon account and I read Bat/cat from it already and he has the first two issues of Rorschach on there so I’m about to give them a go. Probably even more nervous about how he writes him lol.

He also has all of Morrison’s X-Men so I’m gonna read them as well. Been a minute since I’ve got to read comics and happy to be back

Tim likes this.