Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Or just "Comic Books" works too. haha.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

:whistle:

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

K.

4. Tim

I mean, I named the beard thread "Official Beard Thread (Official Thread)" so what do I know, y'all.

GettingSodas likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'll rename it to "Officially the Official Beard Thread to End All Other Official Beard Threads (Official Thread)

6. Tim

"I Can Exclusively Reveal That This Is The OFFICIAL Beard Thread (Official Thread)"

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Kaptara is so wonderful. Chip is hilarious.

[​IMG]

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Things I got in the mail

Jason Tate and Tim like this.
  9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Do you guys wear t shirts and stuff with superheroes on them? I have friends that don't like to broadcast their nerdiness by wearing such things. I was wondering if you all have any thoughts or feelings on the subject.

10. Tim

Isn't it pretty trendy now for even non-nerds to wear superhero shirts?

I have shirts for Daredevil, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Ant-Man, Wolverine, and Spider-Men (a lot of them) in rotation right now.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

I subscribe to Comic Block and get a new shirt every month and wear the hell out of them on weekends. Even before that I had some and love them.

12. Colby Searcy

That's what happens when Hot Topic gets ahold of something. I'm pretty confident in saying that us in here are definite shameless bonafide nerds for what that's worth.

13. Kingjohn_654

Right, well that could be just as big a reason not to wear them for some people.

I have shirts for Justice League, Batman, and Spider-Man. I have a superman hat. I have a Spider-Man beanie. Ooh and batman slippers.

My toddler has Spider-Man slippers and a Spider-Man robe. He also has batman pajamas and an avengers t shirt. And probably tons of other cool stuff I forgot about. He grows out of it all too quick, so he's gone through a lot.

Tim likes this.
  14. Tim

I ain't even bad. Trendiness rocks. My Spider-Man shirt has Peter, Miles, 2099, Spider-Girl, Spider-Gwen, both Scarlet Spiders, gosh-darn SILK, and more!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

The true nerds really show up when they can name ACTUAL names of characters and start talking about them haha.

16. Tim

Get him into more obscure characters. I got my little nephew into Rocket Raccoon before GOTG even came out.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. Kingjohn_654

That's awesome. My son doesn't even talk yet, so he barely recognizes Spider-Man, but I won't let you down, Tim.

I almost teared up at Disneyland last month when we met Spider-Man and my son instantly recognized him and smiled.

Colby Searcy and Tim like this.
  18. Colby Searcy

How old is your son? I have a 5 month old, gonna try to get him into comics.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. Kingjohn_654

My son is almost 20 months old. We're pregnant with our second child. Due in July. Growing up is weird.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I wear Sailor Moon shirts in public. Went to the car dealership and the girl saw my Sailor Jupiter keychain and got to talking. If anyone thinks my love of nerdy stuff is lame, chances are they aren't someone I want to associate with.

My comic stack is so overwhelming, but I want to do one more order before I cut myself off for a while. lol

SpyKi likes this.
  21. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i don't have any particular love for Sailor Moon, but anything that someone is so passionate about that it infiltrates their shorts - one article of clothing that, usually, is not used to enter a community - idk i love that. it's one of the things that's so cool about humans and art, that we all have such different and complex tastes and sometimes someone loves something so much they wear a pair of shorts about it. haha.

edit: it's late and im braindead and i totally misread shirts -> shorts hahahaha. i am keeping this the way it is because it still stands generally speaking considering you also have a keychain and i mean i'm sure someone out there has a pair of Sailor Moon shorts.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol. I quoted after the edit. I'm sure I will some day own Sailor Moon shorts. It's an inevitability.

23. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

do it so that i wasn't totally misreading. avenge me

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The last order for me for a little while.

Phonogram #1
    Pretty Deadly #1
    Beauty #1
    Aquaman #6
    Batman #7
    Harley and Power Girl (I regret this one in retrospect. lol)
    Deathstroke #2
    DC Bombshells #1
    X-Men 92 #0
    Thor #2

25. Colby Searcy

@Henry why the regrets? Just because of Amanda Conner. I enjoyed what I read of HQ&PG