Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 389

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

3. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

RIP to a real one.

4. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Man. The Chip Zardsky Daredevil run continues to impress. Especially issues 19 and 20. Relevant to our times.

Vivatoto and Nick like this.
  5. Nick Jun 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 14, 2020)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So happy New Mutants is back. Really loving it. Killadelphia was great too. Strong end to the arc.

That was great. I’m absolutely loving it.

atticusfinch and Vivatoto like this.
  6. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Killadelphia is sweet. Love JSAs art.

7. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Phenomenal first arc.

3EF3A89C-E87C-42D1-A17F-0A638D3BAE97.jpeg

Vivatoto and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. Tim

9. Tim

[to the tune of The LEGO Movie's "Everything is Awesome"] Everyone is awful!

10. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Who are the last 3 about? They've been deleted

11. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Very last one was about Warren Ellis

12. Colby Searcy

13. Colby Searcy

Is Cameron Stewart the one that wrote Batgirl of Burnside? What all has he written lately?

14. Tim

Yeah, the deleted tweets mentioned Cameron Stewart, Brian Wood (who’s been talked about as a creep for years, I think?), & Warren Ellis. The Ellis thing seems to be him reaching out to a lot of young female artists (I think she said she was 19) while he was in his 40s, in creepy ways.

Cameron Stewart is mainly an artist. He did some writing & layouts on the Batgirl run by Brenden Fletcher & Babs Tarr, & also on their Image series Motor Crush. Also drew part of Brubaker’s Catwoman run, Fight Club 2, & other miscellaneous stuff. He had a studio at one point in Toronto w/ Chip Zdarsky & a couple other artists.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

I thought I recognized his name. I thought he was more of an up and coming artist, didn't realize he's been around that long and continues to be

16. Tim

The mainstream comics industry really seems to be a house rotten to its core... though not like film & television have proven to be great, either. Definitely a much broader societal issue. But, yeah, the particular small, insular community that comics is certainly makes all these stories that pop up now & then all the more frustrating, especially since I love both the medium & a lot of its intellectual properties so much.

17. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

It’s so depressing.

Tim likes this.
  18. Tim

Sorry for so much negativity in this thread recently, but also not sorry 'cause it's important shit. Anyways, I remembered there one time being a big issue at the CBLDF, but I'd still see support so often that I started to wonder if I'd imagined it. Nope.

Gotta love the head of a popular legal defense fund intended to help comics creators... being lead by someone who assaults comic book creators.

19. Colby Searcy

Surprised someone as big as BMB even commented. Good on him though!

20. Tim

Almost didn’t include that tweet ‘cause I didn’t wanna put the attention on him being a good guy, lol. But, the comment about there being other victims seemed important.

In the replies, Bendis talks about how he only kept quiet online about it at Taki Soma’s request. In her tweets, you can also see Jen Bartel, who’s typically super plugged into these things, apologize for donating work to CBLDF ‘cause she didn’t know, so clearly they’ve done a good job of hiding their awfulness. Which means, really, all credit to Taki Soma for finally feeling strong enough emotionally to stand up to them.

21. Colby Searcy

My apologies, wasn't my intention. Agreed, glad Taki is speaking up, hope this catches on and people are held accountable.

Borat 2: Vengeance and Tim like this.
  22. Tim

Nah, yeah, knew that wasn’t what you meant. Definitely is encouraging when you find out about established old men industry who are secretly good allies instead of secretly creeps.

Just hate that people suck so badly so regularly, doing what should be basic human expectations is impressive.

23. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

24. Tim

There was shit w/ Scott Allie a few years ago that knocked him out of his Editor-in-Chief position at Dark Horse... & yet, somehow, they still continued to publish new material he was credited on.

I should be glad that he’s finally being held accountable, & I am, but I’m also mad it took such a heavy account during such an explosive climate for Mignola & Dark Horse to actually give a shit. How much more cleaning house do we need there, at Marvel, DC, Image, etc.?

25. scottlechowicz Jun 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 24, 2020)
    scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I mean, look how widespread the knowledge of Eddie Berganza’s actions were at DC and he was allowed to thrive for a decade. There are way more, I’m sure.

Colby Searcy and Tim like this.