Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 385

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Has anyone picked up or read Unearth? The cover is so nice it made me pick it up but I find the story quite boring. Can’t bring myself to read the second issue

2. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

No surprise Jeff Lemire and Gabriel Walta's TKO book, Sentient, was incredible. Just what I needed today.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I read through Descender yesterday. After that and Gideon Falls I’m pretty sure I’d love anything Lemire does

4. Vivatoto

It really is stunning how many of his books feel like they would be any other authors masterpiece, but he keeps them coming.

He's also the best with twists (when appropriate).

Colby Searcy and scottlechowicz like this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Is Miles Morales: Spider-Man good? I prefer street level Spider-Man and was hoping Friendly Neighbourhood would be that but the third issue kinda went off the rails.

Colby Searcy and JeanRalphio like this.
  6. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

I'm not up to date on it but what I read is fun, the current Amazing Spider-Man run might be up your alley too

7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Have you read his Green Arrow or Animal Man run?

I really enjoyed all of BMB run of Miles. Is there more than that?

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The current Saladin Ahmed run? I'd say it's worth giving a shot. I've dug most of it, probably the strongest Miles' title has been since Secret Wars nuked the Ultimate Universe.

blast0rama likes this.
  9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

not yet, but they’re on the list!

Sorry yeah I was talking about the Saladin Ahmed run. I enjoyed the BMB run too

Thanks! Yeah, that’s good to know. The last I read was when it was renamed to Spider-Man after they nuked Ultimate.

Is Amazing Spider-Man still “worldwide”, I really hated what I read of that.

thanks all!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Nah its classic spider-man in NYC, thankfully.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Ooooh cool. Maybe I’ll give it a go then

12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

The Bensons’ Green Arrow is sooooooooo bad. Yikes are these issues tough to get through.

13. Colby Searcy

I assumed Green Arrow was bigger recently, I thought he was a big part of some JL event in the past couple of years

14. Colby Searcy

How does King's run on Batman compare to Snyder's??

15. Vivatoto

I liked it even more. It's my favorite run of comics I've ever read.

Also don't forget to grab Snyder and Capullo's Last Knight on Earth. I think it just came out in trade. It's great, and a fitting conclusion to their run.

16. Colby Searcy

Looking forward to it then. Is it darker than Snyder's? I realize we're talking Batman but still lol.

I plan to get to all of their run, I'm going through N52 era stuff first then go through Rebirth.

17. Vivatoto

In some ways...It certainly begins quite dark but the overall arc of the run is Batman attempting to find happiness. I think there's a lot of stuff in there that takes Batman into darker places than he's ever been, but King always writes with hope and empathy, so you know Batman's going to always crawl out of the pit, so to speak.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. King's feels bloated in comparison to Snyder. The N52 run feels tighter whereas Rebirth's feels uneven due to the length goal (I believe) that King was putting on himself. Nevertheless, when it's good it's great, and there are some truly heavy hitting moments (both funny and sad). I imagine King's reads better in a binge than when it was coming out.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

A while back at work, we received an advanced copy of the Superman Smashes the Klan trade paperback. I took it home to read and just realized the third issue in this early copy only consists of uncolored pages.

Pretty cool when that happens. I'm definitely hanging on to this. IMG_20200426_145159_823.jpg

20. Colby Searcy

Was that intentional?

21. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

For whatever reason, DC just had this advanced copy ready to go before the third issue was even finished. My bookshop got this copy back in February a few weeks before the third issue was released in comic shops.

My first time coming across a situation like this, and it's pretty cool. hah.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Started reading Batman: White Knight now that it's all on DC Universe. I'm 3 issues in and I've found it pretty interesting so far. Very weird to see the Joker not look like the Joker though haha.

23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

The comic book store that I used to go to every now and then is doing some cool raffles!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Colby Searcy and scottlechowicz like this.
  25. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

That’s pretty cool. Is it the entire series? Been wanting to get the last compendium but I’d been holding out. Just going to get this instead if it is

Colby Searcy likes this.