Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 373

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

As someone who always loved the Champions premise but hasn't liked the execution yet, I'm pumped for this. Ewing is a good fit. Plus, my very limited pull just happens to include both Kamala & Miles, both written by Ahmed, who's also a good fit for this.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Tim

This is the most I've ever liked modern coloring on Mark Bagley's art. So good.

Between how good Frank Martin looks on Bagley, & how good Jordie Bellaire looked on David Finch, I'm that much hungrier for a Bagley Spider-Man colored by Bellaire. Matt Wilson would be good, too. Come on, make it happen, Marvel!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

DC really going for it on the solicits for the new Tom King book:

4. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Read through the new Young Justice series the other night and it's... alright. Happy the team is back together, but man is the whole name/look of Drake a dud IMO. I'm not mistaken that a drake isn't "the worlds most terrifying bird" or whatever they said in the book, it's just a male duck, right? lol

5. Tim

lol.

Though, besides Jimmy Olsen, it’s the only DC comic solicited for March that excites me. *shrug*

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I'm reading via the DC Universe app, so I am a year behind on everything. I don't think Fraction's Jimmy Olsen is on there yet.

I'm still reading Bendis' Superman stuff. Its fine and, sometimes, even really good.

I'll read Tynion IV on Batman because I feel like has earned a shot at such a big book. And Amy Reeder doing Amethyst could be fun.

I'm also quite curious about JL Dark by Ram V. Can't say I have read any of their work, but I've seen a few rumblings to suggest that might be worth my time.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. Tim

I’m trade waiting Jimmy Olsen, but I already know, between the creators, the world/cast, & snippets I’ve read, that I’m gonna adore it, lol. I’m into Bendis’ Superman, but as someone who’s only actually read the Man of Steel miniseries thus far, I just can’t quite use the word excited. Though, JRJR doing some Supes that isn’t New 52 or Frank Miller is exciting to me. And, on a similar note, I’m interested in Legion, but again, not quite excited per se.

Forgot about Amy Reeder doing Amethyst. I do like her art a lot.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  8. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Went ahead and picked up all five issues of Strayed by Carlos Giffoni and - damn, that just became an instant favorite of 2019. What's not to love about an astral-projecting cat confronting colonialism and imperialism?

Can't wait for the series to continue next year.

Vivatoto likes this.
  9. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Finished the House of X/Powers of X collection last night. I absolutely adored it.

I'm going to wait and see what's the best way to handle the trades (the Dawn of X collections or individual title collections), but I haven't been this enamored by an X-Men run in ages. Haven't stopped thinking about it.

Kingjohn_654, AP_Punk and ghostedaway like this.
  10. Tim

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I am really enjoying the Dr. Doom series. The Rise of Kylo Ren was amazing also, can't wait to read more of it.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Excellent ending to East of West. Sad to see it go.

13. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Didn’t know it was ending. I’m like 10 issues behind. Damn. An all-time favorite for me.

14. Vivatoto

Neither did I until I got the issue today! I could tell this entire arc was at least nearing the end game but I couldn't find anything concrete about it ending. An all time favorite for me too, and the final arc was one of the best, you won't be disappointed.

15. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Placed an order on IST to get the rest of the Chee trades I needed and also added Bitch Planet Vol. 2 and Kill or Be Killed vol. 2.

Also, I recently read Thumbs and recorded a podcast on it. One of the most unique things I’ve read recently.

16. Tim

Really wanna make at least a few zines/ashcans/minicomics/whatever in 2020, even if they're trash. I've let myself become grotesquely out of practice as far as drawing is concerned this past decade. Just gotta channel my inner Imago Dei & make some shit, y'know?

17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Just finished Black Science and loooved the ending. What a great series.

18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Didn't realize you drew stuff. Care to share anything?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. Tim

I mean, that’s kinda the problem, lol. I used to draw all the time growing up. And then, when I was at community college, between majors, I ended up getting an associates in fine arts while making up my mind on my next step. But, I’ve only doodled maybe a handful of times a year for the past decade & don't have any sort of honed craft.

I did doodle this quick little Vader the other day off of a still from Rogue One, which I’m pretty happy with. If I could just knock out, like, 6 pages of this kinda thing & make it into a little zine w/ a story attached, I’d be pretty satisfied creatively, lol.

84FDDA4B-DF3C-42E5-B02F-893EE6F237FE.jpeg

20. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I finally started this series. Finished the first trade paperback - i feel like a dork for sleeping on this for so long. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!

Vivatoto likes this.
  21. Tim

22. Vivatoto

You are in for a hell of a ride, keep us updated!

23. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I'm already ordering the next few volumes at work. Totally hooked now!

24. Tim

184CBE2B-8FB6-4CF2-AE5B-EE14570C15A4.jpeg
    2020 Vision

Deanna, ghostedaway and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  25. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Real stoked for this

EA79B32B-8264-4832-9FF7-E482C5510CAB.png

Kingjohn_654 likes this.