Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 369

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I've never traveled outside of Pittsburgh for a con, but I feel like SPX in Maryland would be so cool to attend. This stuff really flares up my itch to make a comic.

2. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Been reading through a bunch of my backlog.

Invisible Kingdom 1 - 3: Really solid start. G Willow Wilson and Christian Ward are both operating at a high level here.

Paper Girls 21 - 25: Hot diggity damn is this book good. BKV is seriously a hit machine. No one in comics has mastered the final page cliffhanger like him.

3. Tim

me: Hey, I bet IDW's Spider-Man series will actually follow a solid monthly schedule, which should be a breath of fresh air amidst Marvel's erratic publishing strategies.

IDW: lol, what if we release two issues in October, two in November, & none in December?

In related news, since I already like checking out solicitations to see what's coming, I've decided to keep track on my own of what I'll be buying each month. Looks like I'm spending about $40 in October, $32 in November, & $25 in December. And, if Doomsday Clock #12 follows the Geoff Johns trend of tardiness, I'll end up spending half as much in December as I will in October. Word.

4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I do this every few months and I swear its 2019 how is this still the system they use for it

Kingjohn_654 and Tim like this.
  5. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

After getting caught up on Paper Girls and Invisible Kingdom, I have been reading through back issues of Gideon Falls.

Its good! One of the better “horror” comics that I’ve read.

I’ve got a lot of Black Hammer (and related) stuff that I’m eyeing next.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Can't believe House/Powers both have one issue left. This event flew by.

7. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

When I bought Archie Meets Batman '66, Amazon gave me a free digital copy of Batman Hush.

I'm excited to read it.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Routh as Kingdom Come Supes.

upload_2019-9-27_15-3-57.png

Kingjohn_654 and scottlechowicz like this.
  9. failinginplace

Regular

Brandon Routh posted this to his IG, shot as an homage to Alex Ross's painting.

Also, note the comment by his Jimmy Olsen :)

I'm beyond hyped for this

[​IMG]

scottlechowicz likes this.
  10. failinginplace

Regular

11. Tim

12. Tim

13. failinginplace

Regular

This week's finale to House of X (#06 of 6) was absolutely fantastic. From Xavier's address to the world, to the first meeting of the Quiet Council, to alllll of the party interactions (Jean sharing a beer with Emma, Logan sharing a beer with Gorgon), it was so on point. I can't remember the last time I read an X-Men book that was this good. And I'm sure it's all going to shit next week in the Powers of X finale haha

SpyKi likes this.
  14. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I knew people were loving Powers of X and House of X but no one told me Hickman was the one writing it, his Avengers was probably my favorite thing I read last summer when I went on a huge binge, definitely gonna have to read that

15. Tim

In all fairness, for people super plugged into current comics, the whole initial selling point was Hickman. Like, before they even confirmed that it was X-Men, Marvel was running ads in their comics that were essentially blank pages except for "Hickman," lol.

But, yeah, as a big fan of that run, be excited knowing that HoX/PoX is just the start of what I think is supposed to be a 2 or 3 year era of X-Men shepherded by Hickman, w/ him writing the ongoing flagship X-Men series & co-writing New Mutants.

16. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Yeah that's fair lol, I'm not really plugged in to comics news at all. I'm definitely more of a dabbler than anything, but I'll read anything by Hickman lol. Maybe I should start following 1 or 2 comics news twitters or something just so I don't miss big stuff like this

17. TEGCRocco Oct 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 10, 2019)
    TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

House and Powers are honestly my favorite thing to come from Marvel in years. Very, very excited for where he's gonna go with the Dawn of X titles.

atticusfinch and Wharf Rat like this.
  18. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Loved every second. The main X-Men story to continue out of this is going to be my favorite book.

16E1EAC1-8EBF-4D9A-9001-76EEC8CFED6D.jpeg

zigbigwig, ghostedaway and fluxyjoe like this.
  19. Tim

I'm committed to reading Hickman's X-Men in collected form. Reads better that way imo, plus cheaper, plus will look great on my shelf alongside his F4 & Avengers.

However, all this Dawn of X excitement has me considering a mild revision of my current pull list rule of only Spider books, Ms Marvel, & Pretty Deadly. Wolverine gets his ongoing series back in 2020 for the first time since, like, 2014 (as surprising as that is, considering how much Wolverine-themed content happened in that time), so I think I'm gonna let that be my token X book on my pull.

20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah, House and Powers of X are phenomenal. In a way it felt like the show Legion. So ready for Dawn of X to start on Wednesday.

21. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Honestly, hearing that Cyclops was gonna be the focal point of the main X-Men book was enough to sell me on the entire Dawn of X. House and Powers have just been the cherry on top

ghostedaway likes this.
  22. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Tim likes this.
  23. Tim

zigbigwig likes this.
  24. Tim

Deanna and atticusfinch like this.
  25. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

he's done some covers with Boom but I think this Marvel gig is his biggest break. will always shamelessly plug his work because he's awesome. also will probably grab the new X-men in trade. only heard amazing things

Tim likes this.