Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 368

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

RyanPm40 and Deanna like this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Jim Rugg & Ed Piskor looking through a Spawn artist edition, geeking out about Todd McFarlane's art.

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

HoX and PoX are so damn good but damn it's crushing to see what's happening to the X-Men storywise haha

atticusfinch likes this.
  4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

House of X #4 spoilers:

This is honestly one of my favorite issues of X-Men ever. I know they're coming back, but something about the X-Men dying in this issue was genuinely impactful, especially if you compare it to more recent runs that just offed characters left and right with no emotional weight (looking at you Rosenberg). Wolverine and Nightcrawler's sacrifice, Cyclops desperately trying to get back to Jean and get her home, and Jean basically watching her family die one by one was so damn emotional. And then ending on Xavier's "No more"... God House/Powers of X is the best X-Men has been in a decade, easily.

SpyKi, atticusfinch and ghostedaway like this.
  5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

That little bit between Nightcrawler and Logan is why they're one of the best pairs. They have such good character moments together.

ghostedaway and TEGCRocco like this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

hell yeah

atticusfinch likes this.
  7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

9. GBlades

Trusted

So I just finished the last issue of The Walking Dead and wow. I can totally understand Kirkman's decision not to continue, although it could have, but still feel like it went out surprisingly. It's been great reading them all these years and I'm still kinda bummed it's ended.

Vivatoto likes this.
  10. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Something Is Killing the Children is phenomenal. Had to pay $8 for a first printing of the first issue today but totally worth it.

11. failinginplace

Regular

House of X #5 out today blew my mind. Early on I guessed at part of it but I never thought it would be to this extent. This book is beyond insanely good.

ghostedaway and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Goldballs! Eva Bell!

failinginplace likes this.
  13. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Has anyone been keeping up with Absolute Carnage? I really really dug the first issue.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Haven't read all of the tie-ins yet, but I read the 3 main issues of Absolute Carnage. I've really been enjoying it

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  15. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I picked them all up yesterday. Plan on hunkering down with piles of comic books this weekend.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. failinginplace

Regular

Allpwrtoslaves likes this.
  17. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I have the DCU app, so I only have access to stuff from a year ago. So I will be way behind this thread from now on haha.

I've been doing a Geoff Johns retrospective. Re-reading JSA and his first Flash run. We will see how long that lasts. Then I might re-read Waid's Legion reboot with Barry Kitson. I remember liking that at the time.

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Need to read AC #3 today. I'll probably read all the tie-ins eventually, but I'm just paying attention to Scream and Miles for now. I trade wait for Venom.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Tim

I haven't decided yet what format I wanna own Venom in. I've dragged my feet long enough that I can go the hardcover route, might ask for it for Christmas. My only hang up is, I dunno how the Web of Venom one-shots (which have their own trade) & Absolute Carnage are gonna play into that, & I'd like to be consistent.

Comic bookshelf problems, y'all. lol.

20. GBlades

Trusted

So my work kindly got me £30 vouchers for my local comic book store and im looking for essential comics either due shortly or in the last few months or so? I used to read a lot of Image (Saga, Walking Dead, Descender, Birthright) and Marvel/DC if anyone has any suggestions?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. Tim

Randomly decided on a whim to start redeeming my free digital copies of my Marvel comics, even though I'm not the biggest fan of reading digitally. Going through all my Marvel comics w/ codes that haven't expired (as long as they're part of a series where I can still redeem the whole series). Some of these older issues' codes have peeled poorly & are obnoxious to figure out, lol.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I really should do that myself. How long are they good for to redeem?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. Tim

Seems like whatever month the issue came out, the code expires on the 1st of that month one year later. So, anything from October 2018 through now should still be good.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Nice, I should have a decent amount I can use then

25. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Infidel, Skyward, Self/Made, Gideon Falls, Murder Falcon, and Heroes In Crisis all come to mind. I keep seeing ads for the first part of Doomsday Clock too so that's either out or coming out soon.