Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 366

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

It’s the one with a heart in it, btw

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. GBlades

Trusted

I've been a part of that group for so long I forget you run it!

Kingjohn_654 and xapplexpiex like this.
  3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Update: finished Paper Girls 4, it’s so damn good. Glad I stuck with it.

4. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I was having fun with the questionnaire to get into the group, but then I had to step away to help my kids get ready for bed. I came back and I was accepted. Thanks for the add!

It's great to see all the Archie love in there too!

xapplexpiex likes this.
  5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

We use that to screen for bots and people who just want to talk about the movies. I assumed it was you.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm not super active on facebook but i'd like to lurk that group. I saw that one of the rules is you have to be active though haha. Would I get kicked out right away if I joined? I'll definitely comment, just not sure how often.

7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

No. We just encourage discussion and activity.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'll definitely be more active if I feel comfortable enough

xapplexpiex likes this.
  9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

@xapplexpiex Thanks for the approval! I didn't mean to leave the questionnaire incomplete btw lol

xapplexpiex and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Damn Hickman’s X-men reboot has been awesome. I can’t wait to see where it’s all going.

11. Never really considered myself a Marvel person, but Venom, ASM, Daredevil, and Hickman’s X-books are making me eat my words. And I haven’t even gotten to Rosenberg’s Punisher, Coates’s Cap, or Aaron’s Conan yet.

On that note, HoX #2 and Absolute Carnage #1 melted my mind.

Kingjohn_654 and xapplexpiex like this.
  12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Everything Hickman does at Marvel is mind melting. FF-> Avengers/New Avengers -> Secret Wars is literally my favorite comic book run.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

So excited to read Absolute Carnage and HoX #2 tonight

14. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I wasn't huge on PoX #1, but I almost never like X-Men stuff that goes super far into the future (even the last arc of Morrison's run didn't do much for me, and New X-Men might just be my favorite X-Men run ever). HoX continues to excel, though.

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Read up on what happens in House of X #2, & the whole Moira development sounds so cool & so Hickman-y. Waiting for the hardcover collecting both House & Powers (no way I'm spending $5 a week for 10 weeks when I can wait & spend less on a hardcover volume for my shelf, lol), but still super excited for what's to come.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Only thing I've bought/am buying until it's collected is this variant of House of X #1 just because of how much I love Cyclops lol

17. Tim

Those of you who like Batman more than I do should dig this.

Glad to see some Darwyn Cooke, Frank Quitely, David Mazzucchelli, Mike Mignola, & Paul Pope in here. Neat seeing the shift from the Dick Sprang era to the Neal Adams era, & also neat seeing how Frank Miller blew things wide open stylistically.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Loved the first issue of Absolute Carnage, definitely can't wait for the next one

19. failinginplace

Regular

holy shit House of X. that blows my mind. the timeline implications of what Moira X has done are insane for the MU. presumably Moira X-10 is the current 616 Universe. i'm super curious to see what her 6th life is when revealed by hickman.
    Imgur Image

ghostedaway likes this.
  20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Absolute Carnage #1 was wild and it's only going to get more bonkers as it goes. House of X #2 ruled.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

such a damn mistake not listing the artists. As a reader, you can pick out most of the modern illustrators, but come on. Also easy to see a big lack of women in there. Were there any? They didn't even have a Joelle Jones image.

Tim likes this.
  22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I've liked each Hickman X-book more than the last and I loved HoX #1. HoX #2 blew my mind, what a cool twist for Moira.

failinginplace likes this.
  23. Tim

The first woman to draw the main Batman book ever was Becky Cloonan during the Snyder run, & Joelle Jones was the first woman to have a run of Batman issues, so... yeah. Not the strongest track record to pull from. I would've thought at least a Joelle Jones desert Batman would've made the cut.

As for crediting artists, you're right, but Batman was built on the back of Bob Kane refusing to credit Bill Finger, so that's about right, lol. All they had to do was replace "Artwork from" w/ the artist(s) (y'know, maybe even the colorists?), though at least they listed the issues so people could go look up the comics that stuck out the most.

24. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I have legit no idea what's going on but I've been digging Hickmans X-men

25. Tim

Walt & Weezy are just the best. I really need to get back to classic New Mutants, & also get to some of that 80s X-Factor stuff.