Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 361

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Still waiting for @Deanna to get an Eisner nomination. :chin:

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Hold on. Let me go write a comic.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

5. Tim

Saw this retweeted by Sophie Campbell. I generally love Chelsea Cain for how she's able to speak hard truths about comics that most pros can't or don't, & hate the crap she was put through over Mockingbird. But, if this is how she responds to concerns from trans & nb folx... If nothing else, it ain't a good look.

6. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Damn. I just read the Maneaters issue those panels/tweets are featured in. I wasn't aware of the controversy, so initially I didn't know what to make of those criticisms without knowing the context.

Really bizarre, shitty, and disappointing on Cain's part.

7. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

8. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

!!!

Colby Searcy, Deanna and Vivatoto like this.
  9. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Have they said specifically what that means yet? a new series? limited? one shot?

10. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

The last issue of Umbrella Academy was wonderful and I noticed an ad for a Black Hammer Justice League crossover which is the coolest thing ever.

11. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Very excited to have Legion back. Hope Bendis is up for it.

12. Tim

What I've read of his Superman is great, perfectly playing to his strengths. But, part of me feels like the Legion of Superheroes might play to his weaknesses. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also, holy crap, how is he this prolific a monthly writer this late in his career? lol.

13. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I hope I like it. I truly love the Legion and would love to see them return to prominence.

With their return, a Jimmy Olsen book, and the JSA return...I have very few complaints about the DCU.

14. Tim

He's apparently very into the Legion, which bodes well for the series' quality.

And, yeah, that Jimmy Olsen series might be the most excited I've been for a DC comic since getting back into comics. Which, Fraction's Hawkeye is what pulled me back in, so, yeah. Appropriate. lol.

Kingjohn_654 and scottlechowicz like this.
  15. Kingjohn_654

Happy Father's day to me!

IMG_20190616_085026721.jpg

Joel Gustafson, Deanna and Tim like this.
  16. Kingjohn_654

I've never read any Loeb and Sale books, but every time @Tim mentions Spider-Man: Blue, I can tell I'm just gonna love it!

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  17. Tim

They're all so good. Blue is my fav 'cause Spidey is my fav, & that era is my fav. But, Hulk Gray is also so very impressive in its very distinct personality & style.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. Kingjohn_654

I'm so excited!
    RE: Loeb/Sale
    Which is better; their Marvel stuff or their DC stuff?

19. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Why didn't yall tell me a new Clue comic is released???

20. Tim

Because of my personal tastes, I prefer their Marvel stuff. Funny enough, Batman: The Long Halloween is probably a lot of people's favorite collaboration of theirs, but I like most of their work more than it. Though, I still dig it a lot; it has some fantastic villain design. I just like a lot of their stuff a lot.

I will say, after Spider-Man, my favorite Tim Sale work might be on Superman? For All Seasons w/ Loeb & Kryptonite w/ Darwyn Cooke both rule.

BackyardHero11 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Joel Gustafson and Tim like this.
  22. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Had no idea Asgardians of the Galaxy was ending until I read Collen Bunn's letter at the end of issue 10. Such a buzzkill but not surprising. The series had a great run while it lasted.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. Kingjohn_654

FB_IMG_1560786233791.jpg

24. Kingjohn_654

@Tim any guesses as to what Marvel is counting down to with webs?

smowashere likes this.
  25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I know the popular rumor everyone wants to believe in the Raimi 4th Spider-Man movie getting a comic adaption but it can be anything tbh.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.