Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 360

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. BackyardHero11

Trusted

one of my favorite pieces of comics history. love it, have the gorgeous absolute edition. Darwyn Cooke :heart:

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

EC06C7A2-6DAA-4024-8525-FAD477518183.jpeg

Wasn't exactly a big leap, lol, but still fun to guess something right.

Kingjohn_654, dadbolt and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Tim

Oh gosh, I'm listening to a Jamie McKelvie interview on a podcast called "Off Panel with David Harper." Found the podcast 'cause Jen Bartel was on it recently.

Anyways, they're talking music community, Jamie talks about zines, & the host just randomly says he got his start writing for a comics site he founded w/ a couple friends from "a thread about comics on AbsolutePunk.net."

:chin:

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Good podcast! I check it out every week even if I’m not super familiar with the guest. Can’t remember if I sent that episode to Jason or not hah.

Jason Tate and Tim like this.
  6. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

@Jason Tate

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Kingjohn_654

Do any of you own any art books from comic artists?

Any artists you wish would put one out?

8. Dodge725

Trusted

Excited that King will get to finish his story. It seems like his Batman run ending lines up with what should be the end of Doomsday Clock and I can understand wanting a new take after a big event finishes. I think it’s also issue 850 so another good stopping point. Definitely think we’ll be getting the Wedding 2.0 which also makes me happy.

9. Tim

This series is gonna be so good.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

11. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

I really wanna dive into War Of The Realms but I don't even know where to start or how to afford all 200 comics lol

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Despite having Marvel and DC advances sent to me every week, I've been horrible about actually reading them. What are the current titles from those two that you guys are enjoying lately? I checked out the Catwoman Annual today and thought that was good. I'll be checking out Superman: Leviathan Rising and Batman: Last Knight on Earth. I should probably write some comics articles soon before DC kicks me off their list lol.

Also, I'm reading Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing right now and hoping to have most of it done by next week. Stephen King reading has ruined (in a good way) any other reading I've wanted to do lately.

13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I know what I’m getting on Friday.

Godzilla: Gangsters and Goliaths. What a title. I’m picturing Godzilla as a 40s gangster type. Wearing the suit and hat.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

16. GBlades

Trusted

Re-reading Descender by Jeff Lemire & Dustin Nguyen, such a good sci-fi story. Hopefully finish in time to read Ascender

Vivatoto likes this.
  17. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Only 2 issues into Acender and it already has me in tears.

18. Kingjohn_654

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't think I love the end of Descender, but everything leading up was great.

20. Tim

Maybe I will finally pull the trigger on a couple of these now.

Maybe.

Vivatoto likes this.
  21. Vivatoto

Nice, I'd rec Sara.

22. Vivatoto

I've never put Walking Dead on my pull just because they have so many on the shelf I've never worried about it, but it was sold out today, for obvious reasons if you read the news. The shitty thing was I hadn't read the news and my LCS guy assumed I had when I asked why it was out.

23. Kingjohn_654

Ales Kot's Secret Avengers is fantastic. I'm glad to have it in my Hawkeye collection.

24. Tim

:superman:eriously, this series is going to be so good.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.