Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 358

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Spider-Man, Spawn, TMNT and Pokémon hopefully.

Kingjohn_654, Tim and ghostedaway like this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

A Sheets Story looks cool for sure. The colors are very appealing to me

Tim likes this.
  3. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Happy Free Comic Book Day!

I started Scooby Apocalypse by Giffen, and I'm loving it so much already Well-done reimagining of the series. Gonna stop by my LCS for FCBD and my pull, woo

Kingjohn_654 and Deanna like this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Stopped by two shops today. Picked up Spider-Man and Stranger Things at the first one and purchased Bitch Planet vol. 1. I had also stopped by a local art store and got a free grab bag with 3 random comics (Typhoid Fever: X-Men and the first two issues of Nick Fury: Agent of Shield). Second shopped allowed for 5 FCBD issues so I grabbed Avengers, Star Wars Adventures, Lumberjacks, Deadly Class, and Interceptor. They also gave away Year of the Villain for free.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Picked up a few of the free ones today. My son bought a Mickey Mouse comic. My daughter got an issue of Spider-Gwen. I bought a gorgeous hardcover of Archie Marries...

Not a bad day

Deanna likes this.
  6. CobraKidJon

I missed out on everything I wanted because I was a good employee and went to the volunteer event we do at my work.

curse being that but I did grab a Star Wars comic, Captain Canuck and My Hero Academia.

It’s also $1 back issue day so might pick up some red hood stuff.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

I bought nearly half of Red Hood run already so this is a good start. I still have one more comic shop to go.

8. CobraKidJon

I bought 18 red hood issues since I’ve been using the local library for the trades since they have a bunch.

I also got 3 more issues of the champions series since I’m close to finishing that.

9. Kingjohn_654

My daughter refuses to put down the comic I bought her. She's carrying it everywhere. Even outside.

SteveLikesMusic and atticusfinch like this.
  10. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

My local shop had almost every FCBD title. Grabbed Spider-Man, The Tick, My Favorite Thing is Monsters, Lumberjanes, Buffy/Firefly.

Also picked up my pull list that's been accumulating for two weeks now - quite an exciting stack to read through.

G. Willow Wilson's Invisible Kingdom is so stunning. And if you're not reading Maneaters by Chelsea Cain, you're missing out on something great. It's full of absurd, humorous satire and no-holds-barred feminist commentary.

Kingjohn_654 and Vivatoto like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It blows my mind how consistent the Injustice comic is. The Amazo arc was so damn cool. Really wish he had been in the game.

Vivatoto likes this.
  12. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Been digging Invisible Kingdom. You’re totally right about Maneaters, just keeps getting better. I love the full on “magazine” issues. I just went through Mockingbird which was fantastic. It blows my mind that she’s new to comics, she does such original/creative things.

AP_Punk likes this.
  13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

FCBD Freebies:

Deadly Class
    Funny Pages (Treasury of British Comics)
    Little Lulu
    My Favorite Thing is Monsters
    A Sheets Story
    Spider-Man
    Vampirella

In my pull box:

Paper Girls
    Spider-Man (IDW)
    Superior Spider-Man

Issues I found at a couple shops for under a dollar each:

1963 (Alan Moore) #1-3 & 6 of 6
    few Blood Syndicate issues I needed
    Breach (11-issue DC series by Marcos Martin) full run
    Eternals (Knauf run post-Gaiman) #8, last issue I needed of that small run
    Jack Kirby's Secret City Saga #0 (Simonson art) & 1, 3 & 4 of 4 (Ditko art)
    The Maxx #2-6
    couple Static Shock issues I needed

Super discounted trades:

Black Panther: Panther's Quest
    Transformers: Windblade

AP_Punk, Deanna and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  14. Kingjohn_654

Is Sex Criminals ever coming back?

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

16. Kingjohn_654

Or Afterlife with Archie

17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Where did it leave off?

Pls say issue 69

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. CobraKidJon

Kingjohn_654 and Deanna like this.
  19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Went back through some older posts to bookmark various recommendations. Found some for X-Men, JSA, JL, and Secret Wars. So while I'm in a bookmarking mood, what Avengers comics would you guys recommend? I've read some of the original run, but I don't think I've read any complete runs really.

20. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I had some store at my LCS and used it toward issue 1 of Jack Kirby's The Eternals. It was at a reasonable price and in decent condition. No regrets!

Tim likes this.
  21. Vivatoto

So I wanted to make the strongest rec for a comic since Infidel. It's called Murder Falcon, I think the trade comes out next month. I liked Extremity so I picked up the first issue but I wasn't expecting much, it's 100% focused on heavy metal and that isn't something I'm totally interested in. But somehow it turned out to be one of the most entertaining, insane, original, and most importantly gut-wrenchingly heartbreaking thing I read all year. It has heart to it that I was never expecting.

The basic premise is that when the main character plays metal, a super bad ass and hilarious Hulk-like Falcon pops up and fights giant monsters. They talk about shit like their power coming from "The Heavy" and it's hilarious.

Everyone read.

also it's 8 issues with a definitive ending.

SteveLikesMusic and fluxyjoe like this.
  22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Been reading through The Punisher: War Machine. This is some of the best Punisher stuff I've read in a long time.

Kingjohn_654 and Vivatoto like this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

On a different sad comics note, it's the three year anniversary of Darwyn Cooke's passing. Still my favorite comic book artist if I have to pick one, such a talent that I wish were still around.

25. Vivatoto

I liked Becky Cloonan’s run before it a bit more but yeah that was a good time. Pretty cool to see The Punisher completely OP. The next run is solid too.

Letterbomb31 likes this.