Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 357

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

I have a pull list at my LCS for really really good ongoing stories from my favorite Marvel Characters (Immortal Hulk, Black Panther, Cap, Venom, DareDevil, Wolverine) and use Comixology for almost everything else. Space is definitely an issue for me as well, so Comixology is a godsend for things that I know will be available for free sooner than later (l have Amazon Prime).

I've also been using DC Universe lately - the upgrades are significant if you're a DC fan. Marvel Unlimited is excellent for their back catalog, too. Just depends on your expendable income really, and what your favorite stories are.

As far as trades go, I have a sizable collection of trades, and I'll usually wait to buy a trade of certain ongoing issues if I want to wait to see how the story pans out/pays off.

Hope that helps!

Wynuride and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

FB_IMG_1556142436360.jpg
    Anyone know what issue this is from or what trade it's collected in?

Thanks
    Xoxo

Tim likes this.
  3. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Kingjohn_654

Thanks dude!

Oddpac87 likes this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yeah, that's from the end of Daredevil: Born Again. So good, probably the definitive Daredevil story.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Ascender is great, so happy to be back in that world.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I forgot this was next week and I am so excited for it

BackyardHero11 and Vivatoto like this.
  8. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Omg those variants

9. Kingjohn_654

Amazon has spoiled me with its two day shipping. Waiting a week for trades from halfpricebooks is killing me.

10. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yes! glad this reminder was put here. I need that IT variant.

11. Tim

12. CobraKidJon

I paid off my library card fees that I had from when I was a terrible teenager. I put all the Red Hood trades on hold so hopefully I’ll get those this weekend and god bless libraries.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

I read a lot digitally, especially through Marvel Unlimited and two free comics apps through local libraries (Hoopla and Comics Plus). I also buy trades when I see good deals (B&N, HPB, Amazon, Instocktrades, etc.). I’ll also buy an occasional Omnibus for the stuff I really love.

For single issues, I still love digging through dollar bins and the racks at Half Price Books for stuff from the 80s and 90s. Something about reading through faded old floppies and seeing ads for SNES games and old candy/sodas from my youth is so fun. Plus the smell of the paper and ink takes me back.

Kingjohn_654 and Tim like this.
  14. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Question for those that have Marvel Unlimited: Do they have guided view now where it goes from panel to panel like when you buy digital? I’m thinking of getting it again but back then I had an iPad mini and they didn’t have that. It was hard to read

15. CobraKidJon

I know they did when I had it and I was using my iPhone.

16. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

The 2 Spiderman runs I’ve been buying recently have had digital codes so I have to presume they’re doing it with all new comics.

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Looks like they are releasing Spawn 1-6 in a trade this week. As much as I want to pick it up, I'd much rather have a hardcover or omnibus style book.

AP_Punk likes this.
  18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

@Tim Not sure if it would be of interest to you or anyone else, but it could be fun to do another further reading for the future of the MCU before we get the announcements. We know a little bit of what's to come, but it could include fun things like A-Force, Eternals, some FF and X-Men stuff, etc. Just a thought since it wouldn't need to be done right away!

Tyler and AP_Punk like this.
  19. Tim

Since I decided last minute to wait a week before posting the Further Reading for Endgame ('cause people avoiding spoilers, fast moving conversation, etc.), I might just throw Eternals in that one. But, I also am not opposed to some kind of general future of the MCU recommendations post.

Tyler and Deanna like this.
  20. CobraKidJon

I love it so much.

Attached Files:

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

22. CobraKidJon

DC’s version of zombie universe tbh.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. CobraKidJon

lets get it

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I’ll be going to two LCSs on Saturday. Deadly Class and Spider-Man are my top wants, but there’s about 10 titles I’d like to get, haha. What’s everyone else hoping to pick up?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. Tim

Will definitely get that Spider-Man comic. 'Cause, you know. Spider-Man. Especially since I have both Miles Morales & Friendly Neighborhood on my pull, & this has a collaboration between Saladin Ahmed & Tom Taylor.

Not really a Deadly Class reader, but I do dig Wes Craig's art, so will probably try to give that one a shot.

A Sheets Story looks really cool. Gotta check out the graphic novel it's spun out from eventually.

Little Lulu seems like a fun vintage comic strip reprint.

I wasn't all that interested in My Favorite Thing is Monsters when everyone was raving about it last year, but I wouldn't mind giving that small, free taste Emil Ferris' work a shot.

Actually a little curious about Vampirella, mostly 'cause Christopher Priest.

Thankfully, the first shop I'm gonna hit up is one that's pretty lax w/ multiple comics, lol. Might even get the Spawn #1 reprint to give to my housemate.

To anyone curious, the list of comics & previews of a lot of 'em can be found here.

Kingjohn_654 and ghostedaway like this.